You will be a leader in Data Science—thinking and strategizing rigorously and methodically about algorithmic capabilities that solve problems for tens of millions of customers and improve their online fashion shopping experience across all Zalando's markets.
As an Applied Science Manager in Zalando’s Personalised Navigation team, you will be part of a cross-functional team of engineers and applied scientists that is contributing directly to how customers can discover and navigate Zalando's vast assortment, in a way that's deeply relevant and personal to them. You'll guide teams through the entire lifecycle, from understanding the customer problem, to data exploration to designing models, deploying, testing and monitoring them. You'll help define and then own performance indicators for key parts of the customer journey.
This is a rare opportunity to take your expertise in data science, delivery and leadership, and apply it to product and online experiences used and loved by millions of people every day. WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Team Management: Recruit, empower and support Applied Scientists and Software Engineers, reviewing and guiding their work, creating conditions for high-quality deliveries and career growth.
- Project Management: Support the team in defining and executing roadmaps, in a way that integrates the high level of uncertainty and complexity involved in our projects.
- Applied Science Excellence: Raise the bar, engage the team into defining and adopting always better standards in Applied Science and Software Engineering.
- Communication and Leadership: As a scientific competence center make sure the team collaborates smoothly with other teams and other job functions.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
- A solid background (MSc or PhD degree) in a quantitative scientific discipline with a strong understanding of machine learning as well as end-to-end development lifecycle of data-driven products.
- 3+ years experience leading and developing cross-functional engineering and science teams within an international, agile environment.
- You have effective communication skills in English, with an ability to understand and translate business and user requirements across teams.
- You are solution oriented, adaptable to change, and have a drive for continuous innovation.
- Responsible for maintaining trustful relationships with your teams, leading them and setting a high standard as an example.
- Ability to proactively work through uncertainty to bring clarity.
- Proven academic or industrial track record in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Recommender Systems, Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Probabilistic Generative Modelling and/or Natural Language Processing.
- Solid software engineering skills, expert in Python (and relevant packages like Numpy, Scipy, Pandas),
- Proven industry experience with a state of the art deep learning framework such as Pytorch or Tensorflow
PERKS AT WORK
- Experience with highly distributed, scalable and resilient software development with an understanding of an overlap between software engineering and applied science.
- In-depth understanding of machine learning theory in one area, plus a broad overview of the other areas, ML methods in general, and profound knowledge of current ML literature
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 20 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 42 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten