We are looking for an experienced product manager to lead a small team of marketing managers and work with key vendors on pan-EU marketing and insights initiatives to help grow our business and delight customers. As a Senior Product Manager for Vendor Marketing in Hardlines and Entertainment Media you will raise the bar on customer experience through forging strong internal and external partnerships to deliver better selling partner understanding and engagement with marketing growth levels on Amazon.
The role is a key member of our pan-EU Hardlines and Entertainment Media Customer Marketing and Engagement team and covers a diverse selection of products that serve a wide range of customers: from toys & games to workwear & tools, from sports technology to soft furnishings, from garden ornaments to kitchen appliances, from electronics & computing to musical instruments and office stationery, from video games, to music and films.
To be successful in this role you will have a mix of marketing and product management skills, as well as a passion for people management and proven track record of effective stakeholder management. Your marketing knowledge together with your analytical, creative and problem-solving skills will lead you to deliver against tangible business growth metrics and improve customer and vendor experience on site. You are seen as an expert and trusted advisor in your field, and are able to cut through ambiguity and make smart decisions. You are able to work autonomously, thrive in a dynamic business environment, and are comfortable with change and new technologies. You are able to build strong positive working relationships across internal and external teams, and are able to motivate and inspire a high performing team to deliver on behalf of our customers and vendors. Last but not least, you think long-term and have a passion for scaling through automation.
This role reports into the UK Head of Customer Marketing and Engagement for Hardlines and Entertainment Media. Hardlines & Entertainment Media Customer Marketing and Engagement offers fulfilling roles that enable people to build deep knowledge within a challenging but supportive team that aims to attract, grow and retain the very best talent in the industry. If you are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, whilst delivering a structured series of initiatives with a significant impact on Amazon’s EU business, then this could be the place for you.
This role can be based anywhere in EU5 (London, Paris, Milan, Madrid or Munich).
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
· Experience managing teams
· Demonstrable senior stakeholder management track record
· Proven project management, planning and prioritization skills
· Strong business skills and commercial acumen
· Demonstrated ability to translate business and customer needs into effective solutions
· Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
· Experience in a marketing, digital, e-commerce or consulting environment
· High computer literacy, including advanced Excel and Power Point, with ability to learn new tools and systems quickly
· Proven communication skills, both verbal and written
· Demonstrable ability to think on your feet and make smart decisions
· Marketing consultancy or marketing agency experience
· Experience running and analyzing weblabs and A/B experiments
· SQL knowledge