Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
Are you a recently graduated mechanical engineer and would you like to work on designing and engineering complex dredging equipment? Do you want to have the opportunity to see your designed products in real life? Are you pragmatic, driven and willing to do everything in your power to get the job done? Then we would like to get in touch!
As an engineer of dredging equipment you will spend most of your time designing and engineering IHC products according to specifications from our (internal) customers. It is your job to deliver drawings on time and within budget. You will be working on multiple projects at once. The duration of a project is usually between a month and half a year.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
* Design and engineering of dredge equipment with 3D engineering software (Solid Edge or NX)
* Store, release and classify items in TeamCenter
* Work according schedule and report on progress
* Perform hand and excel calculations to verify your designs
* Closely cooperate with FEA Engineering, product specialists and make engineering to optimize designs and production processes
* Interact with production team and project management to ensure efficient production processes, quality, safety, sustainability of IHC products and equipment
The engineering team consists of a fine mix of young professionals and colleagues with lots of experience. The team members describe the nice balance between a result focus and space for a joke as a big plus. A fun part of joining this team as a starter is that most team members started their career in the same way. You will get the right guidance because your colleagues will help you. Next to that you will get several courses like an introduction to our drawing package to give you a kick-start of your career.
From our new colleague we expect:
* A BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering, or comparable. Personality tells us more than educational level. We will adjust responsibilities when applicable.
* That he/she comes up with new ideas and process improvement initiatives
* Excellent communication skills in English and preferably Dutch, both verbal and written
* Pragmatic and driven personality and a team player
What we offer:
* A great opportunity to contribute to the future of the maritime industry
* Alongside your salary, you will receive reimbursement of your travel costs, an annual profit share and a highly beneficial pension scheme
* Personal development budget
* At least 40 days of leave each year
* Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home (part-time)
* Onsite Fitness Centre and physiotherapist
* An active Young IHC community with knowledge sharing, network events and fun activities
Are you interested? Please click 'apply'! Should you have any further questions about this particular role or the recruitment process, you can contact the manager of the team Joost Meijer via or Binja Wakelkamp from HR via or +31 6 12 09 24 16.
We are reviewing applications as they arrive, thus you can expect to hear from us within 3 weeks from sending your details in. In case you are selected for a follow-up step, you can expect an invitation for a short informal tour on our shipyard and a first interview. Should both of us want to move forward, then a final interview round follows. Of course all with respect for the Covid-19 rules active at the time.
A BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering, or comparable. Personality tells us more than educational level. We will adjust responsibilities when applicable.