Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Even though advertised in Germany the role is actually based in London or Luxembourg (EU Headquarter)
The EU Innovation and Design Engineering team within Amazon Logistics is seeking a Sr. Business Intelligent Engineer (BIE) who has demonstrated ability to utilize metrics, statistical analysis and visualization tools to dive deep into complex issues while deriving actionable results from operational and enterprise data. A successful candidate has outstanding customer obsession, a restlessness to answer “why?” questions, and are passionate about using data to drive decision making.
In this role as a Sr. BIE, you will work with a wide range of data technologies (e.g. Tableau, SQL, Python, AWS, Oracle, Mobile Apps etc.), investigating and implementing where appropriate. Specifically, this role will support the Automation and Robotics programs in Amazon Logistics (EU) to build self-service reporting tools to visualize project status, measure business performance against goals, create financial forecasts, and provide support to remote teams across the globe.
Our ideal candidate possesses a strong passion for analytics, data reporting and visualizations, sets high standards, is accurate and strives to stay ahead of a dynamic and rapidly changing environment. Above all the candidate is passionate about working with a variety of data sets and is someone that loves to answer business questions that drive change.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Design, implement, and support key datasets that provide structured and timely access to actionable business information addressing stakeholder needs.
· Interface directly with customers and stakeholders, gathering requirements and supporting end-to-end reporting solutions.
· Participate in developing department KPI’s and operational metrics to drive improvements in automation and robotics projects
· Develop complex queries for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
· Deep dive into large data sets to answer key business questions using SQL, Excel, and other data manipulation languages.
· Maintain data integrity, perform QA Audits and diligently troubleshoot issues.
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, while automating or simplifying self-service support and access to authoritative data sets.
· Generate daily, weekly, and monthly data reports for both internal and external business reviews.
· Respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or related discipline.
· 5+ years of MySQL or similar database experience
· 5+ years of scripting experience (Python/Ruby/Perl/Shell script)
· Mine & manipulate data from database tables (ex. MySQL, Redshift, Oracle)
· Develop analytical tools: deep-dive tools, UIs, metrics, and dashboards (Tableau mandatory)
· Mine & manipulate data from log files by writing scripts (ex. Python, UNIX, PERL)
· Mine & manipulate data using RESTful Web APIs
· An understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Experience with AWS Services (S3, Aurora, Redshift, Lambda)
· Familiar with technical documentation tools
· Experience architecting web applications using NodeJS.
· Ability to take a project from initial scoping requirements through actual design, development and testing
· Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle is preferred. This includes coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations