Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Amazon Redshift is a rapidly growing, fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables our customers to dramatically increase their performance when analyzing data sets of virtually any size using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. They can launch a fully operational service with a few clicks for as low as under $1000 per terabyte per year.
Amazon Redshift is the fastest and most widely used cloud data warehouse, yet we are constantly improving our service based on our customers’ needs across all areas of the service. This job opportunity is for the team that owns the data management layer of Amazon Redshift which spans from memory, to local storage, to cloud object storage (Amazon S3) and encompasses all the data life cycle operations (i.e., commit, caching, prefetching, snapshot/restore, replication, and disaster-recovery). What makes this offering truly unique is the scale at which the Amazon Redshift service is operating - your contributions can instantly improve the service for all our customers, ranging from startups to the biggest companies in the world.
We are looking for hands-on developers with expertise and passion for building large scale distributed systems. We are looking for individuals that want to have a lasting impact on our product and team and that share our working style as codified in our leadership principles (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/principles).
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
· Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
· Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize computing in the cloud
· Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
· Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
· Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will have responsibility for:
· Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
· Coding and testing complex system components
· Participating in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
· Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
· Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
A day in the life
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
About the team
At Amazon, we strive to create an environment that makes every team member feel welcome and valued and enables everyone to perform at their best. This includes:
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
· 1+ year professional experience in software development, ideally in C/C++
· Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience developing DBMS Internals, Kernel or OS/Storage components
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.