As a Junior Data Engineer, you build the next generation of Machine Learning (ML) infrastructure that scales with Zalando's ambitious growth plans. You collaborate with other engineers, data scientists and domain experts to understand the input data required by our forecasting models, then translate these requirements into automated data pipelines that analyze, clean, transform and monitor data coming from different sources. You are also responsible for building the execution infrastructure for our ML models that provides accurate demand, sales and return rate forecasts to our stakeholders across the company. In this role you will not only grow your engineering skills in a Python/Spark/K8s environment, but also learn how to bring ML into production.
The Traffic & Pricing Platform is the commercial heart of the Zalando fashion store. We use a combination of business expertise and cutting-edge machine learning to make pricing decisions at scale and deliver an optimal value proposition to our customers. The Article Sales Forecasting teams develop and operate ML models to accurately forecast the impact of discounts on consumer buying behavior. These forecasts are an important basis for strategy decisions made by the rest of the Traffic & Pricing Platform.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Plan interdisciplinary projects connecting data science, engineering and business domain knowledge
- Become an expert on data sources for our ML models and communicate your findings with stakeholders
- Develop automated, scalable data pipelines using Python, PySpark/Databricks & Kubernetes
- Create production environments to test, deploy and monitor ML models
- Monitor & troubleshoot our production systems
- Align rollouts with data scientists and commercial stakeholders
PERKS AT WORK
- Hands-on experience using Python in a production environment
- Experience with data analysis tools (e.g. SQL, Pandas, Apache Spark, Jupyter Notebooks)
- Motivation to work in a cross-functional environment with constant exchange between product, data science and engineering. You are not purely focused on coding but also eager to understand the bigger picture and the why behind the what. You make technical complexity understandable for the business.
- Knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, Databricks, Statistics and Machine Learning would be a bonus
- Join a welcoming, diverse team that takes work-life balance and mental health seriously. Part-time contracts are possible, parents of young children are explicitly encouraged to apply
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback,open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy andblogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations) diverse sports and health offerings
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
#marketsjobs, #marketsjobstech, #marketssoftwareeng
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten