Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Amazon is looking for an experienced EMEA Regional Logistics Manager to own the transportation of IT assets across various programs. This is an exciting opportunity to make history by becoming a founding member of a team whose purpose is to solve complex challenges creating unprecedented customer experiences on a daily basis. This role will require working with business teams across the company and around the world to figure out supply chain solutions for new products/programs and existing operations.
· The primary function is to define and deliver global solutions that aid in the speed and scalability of OpsTech IT and our global operations partners.
· This job will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with business, operations, and tech stakeholders, while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure environment with all levels of leadership and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist.
· The successful candidate will be proficient at solving complex logistics challenges and possess a bias to get things done and deliver results.
· Managing Logistics Specialists, shipping and receiving clerks at multiple RAD locations.
· Lead, Educate, and Develop team members
· Daily communication with transportation providers and internal inventory stakeholders at Amazon.
· Managing the transportation of Amazon IT assets (both inbound and outbound) including international shipments
· Track/trace shipments to resolve issues that arise during transportation
· Working with the customs team to ensure proper documentation is followed on all shipments
· Providing proactive reporting to customers and key stakeholders
· Developing transportation plans for new projects that arise
· Innovating for step-change improvement in safety, quality, cost, and other KPI metrics
· Collaborating with key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives.
· Executing strategic business objectives while working with key internal stakeholders to improve the supply chain with the latest internal and external information.
· Participating in QBR’s and vendor score-carding to ensure adherence to cost and business objective
· Ownership of all results within your region.
· Engaging current transportation providers to strengthen the partnerships while identifying potential new provider.
· Travel domestically 30%
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Transportation from an accredited university.
· 5+ years’ experience in Supply Chain Logistics or Transportation.
· Advanced knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically with attention to detail.
· Embrace a start-up mentality and emphasize “have fun”.
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
· Skills to work independently with little oversight.
· Ability to build out processes for operations.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences in English.
· Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others.
· Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment focused on innovation.
· Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
· Demonstrated aptitude to influence teams outside of reporting structure.
· Proven talent to lead a team spread out over various locations.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences in Spanish and / or German.