Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Amazon created one of the most sophisticated supply chains in the world. From the introduction of Amazon Prime, to the use of advanced technology for package delivery, Amazon consistently drives change from the front of the pack.
Amazon is seeking an experienced and detail oriented Solutions Design Engineer. This individual will deep-dive and challenge current processes, equipment, and procedures, in our European fulfillment network, in order to come up with creative and implementable process improvement initiatives. This individual will also design development of new and existing fulfillment center layouts.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing high-performance physical systems, a strong technical problem solving ability, excellent project management skills, and an internal motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment. Amazon’s culture encourages innovation and expects engineers and managers alike to take a high level of ownership in solving complex problems. The Solutions Design Engineer would be an agile natural self-starter with the ability to keep relentlessly driving projects and various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful.
· Own the design and development of engineering solutions for complex material handling challenges considering human/equipment interactions for the European fulfillment network
· Lead and coordinate concept and design development efforts for optimal solutions for the European fulfillment network through equipment specification, material flow, process design, ergonomics, associate experience, operational considerations and site layout
· Work closely with vendors, suppliers and other teams to create innovative solutions
· Simultaneously manage multiple high-visibility projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors
· Conduct post mortem on designs after implementation in partnering with Safety and Operations
· Collaborate with the Fulfillment Center start-up team and launch team to ensure every detail is thought through and documented using a layout, module or Standard Operating Procedure and change control
· Develop, document and update design standards in conjunction with worldwide design teams
· Build strong working relationships with key company partners such as EU Start-up, EU Launch team, Worldwide Design team, EU Procurement, Information Technology, Loss Prevention, Facilities, Safety, Change Management and EU Operations
· Ability to travel up to 30% to interact with internal and external business and technical leaders
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Process Engineering or related STEM field;
· Extensive experience in Design/Innovation, Research & Development, Manufacturing/Process/Industrial Engineering.
· Experience with complex MHE and packaging lines or process design based on Lean Manufacturing or Toyota Manufacturing System
· Experience using MS Excel, MS Project, and CAD software
· Experience leading engineering design projects and interacting with cross-functional teams
· Fluency in English.
· Master’s Degree or other advanced degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Process Engineering, Operations, Business Administration or related field
· Experience with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics and high-speed manufacturing
· Proficiency in AutoCAD and other 3D CAD
· Proficiency in using advanced simulation modeling tools (Flexsim, Arena, Simio, etc)
· Proficiency in running SQL queries and data mining
· Experience in engineering and estimating material handling and storage systems
· Operations Management/ Fulfillment/Distribution Center experience preferred
· Capital project management skills
· Proficiency with concepts like system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making
· Design-in-Safety experience
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Ability to manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet organizational capacity needs
· Speaking other EU languages