Wie zijn wij?
1) What IHLIA stands for: International Gay & Lesbian Information Center and Archives
2) Founded in 1978 and based in Amsterdam
3) More than 131,000 items related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex interest in IHLIA’s database (books,
videos/DVDs, posters, slides, magazines, reports etc.)
4) IHLIA is the biggest LGBTI archive in Europe but its library and archive are not only about Europe. Many items are from beyond, such as South Africa and Chile, and in many different languages.
IHLIA has different storage places for the archives, most of which are climate-controlled and properly stored.
5) IHLIA serves the public, researchers, journalists and students, activists, policy-makers, decision-makers, hopefully people taking part in this conference and anybody else interested in LGBT affairs.
IHLIA offers: Easy access – everything catalogued and in database – and personal assistance at the Information desk.