At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Postdoctoral Scientist in Fungicide Research (Disease Control) (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The postdoc position holder will work on two independent projects: implementation of digital technologies for fungicide resistance genotyping and optimization of real-time autoradiography for compound tracing.
The specific responsibilities of this role are:
- Identify and simplify methodologies and protocols to enable in- or near-field genotyping for different fungal pathogen species using sequencing techniques such as Oxford Nanopore sequencing
- Develop and establish an experimental real-time autoradiography setup allowing to monitor uptake and systemicity of fungicides in crops
- Pro-actively generate project-related ideas for experimental plans and equipment neededthrough literature review and interaction with internal stakeholders
- Independent summary, evaluation and presentation of experimental data to all project members and decision makers
- Publication of results in peer-reviewed journals
- PhD in the area of molecular biology, botany, biophysics or environmental science
- Hands-on experience in sequencing technologies, optimization of DNA extraction / PCR, autoradiography or non-invasive imaging/phenotyping
- Knowledge in phytopathology, plant physiology, CLC Genomics Workbench, data science or in the area of radiation protection is beneficial
- You are a self-motivated person with a results-oriented mindset, eager for experimentation and driven by scientific curiosity, with excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, looking forward to working in an interdisciplinary and cross-functional team
- Excellent proficiency in English, both spoken and written; German knowledge is beneficial
WHAT WE OFFER
- become part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change
- an opportunity to work on an exciting project in an interdisciplinary & cross-functional environment
- an international work environment that embraces diversity and inclusion
This is a 2-year contract starting from September 1st 2023. We are looking forward to your online application!
Local regulations and legal requirements vary per country of hire and will be discussed with considered candidates individually based on their potential of hire.Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.Bayer is committed to providing barrier-free access and support-facilities for individuals with disabilities - during the application process and beyond. Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to request any support / equipment they may need via the contact information below.IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL CANADIAN CANDIDATES: This position requires full vaccination against COVID-19.Location:Germany : North Rhine Westfalia : MonheimDivision:Crop ScienceReference Code:788391