At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Senior Development Engineer Hardware Systems (m/f/d)
Hunger affects billions of people worldwide. Climate change threatens the livelihoods of entire regions. However, we see sustainable agriculture being part of a solution to these challenges. As part of our corporate purpose "Science for a better life," we develop digital solutions that provide required insights on field health to farmers. Even more, we combine these insights with tangible recommendations for agronomic actions that can be implemented. For example, we successfully launched digital products that determine crop health, pest infestation, and weed pressure in fields using individual images Now, we are looking for bright and creative minds who want to be part of our journey. If you are interested in digital product engineering for crop protection; topics such as software engineering, artificial intelligence, hardware engineering, robots, and drones interest you; and you want to see the success of your work in tangible innovations, go ahead and apply!
As Senior Development Engineer Hardware Systems (m/f/d) you will supervise and control the development of hardware systems for precision agriculture including prototyping and mass production.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With your ideas you contribute to Bayer’s hardware product landscape in agriculture
- Supervise and control the product development of hardware systems in the field of precision agriculture from planning to mass production
- Collaborate in the development of hardware prototypes and take over the coordination of external suppliers
- Lead the interdepartmental coordination with software interfaces in engineering and other operational departments (e.g., production, quality assurance, purchasing, etc.)
- Be part of an agile team and work with multifunctional and international project teams
- Lead the coordination of internal and external development partners and suppliers
- Create 3D models, technical drawings, and parts lists according to deadline, cost and quality targets and approve them
- Lead the selection and evaluation of various electronic and mechanical components to achieve project goals
WHO YOU ARE
- Successfully completed master's or diploma degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge in product development of hardware systems
- Knowledge of confident use of comparable 3D CAD systems and rapid prototyping with mechanical and electrical components
- Good knowledge in developing modular designs and complexity management
- Basics in programming in an object-oriented programming language
- Fundamentals in AI is an advantage but not a requirement
- Very good communication skills, Attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- Strategic thinking, customer focus, quality awareness, and ability to work in a team are required
- Very good English skills, both written and spoken
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Division: Crop Science
Reference Code: 785942