At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Product Manager - Drone Solutions (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a product manager for drone solutions, you will be responsible to conceptualize, develop and validate different ideas and concepts in the space of remote sensing using unmanned aerial vehicles, related to collecting geospatial field scouting information and to create field zone specific application maps
- You will identify customer needs, value potential, and translate these into a digital product development pipeline
- You will identify and test drone and sensor technology to be supported by the custom flight controls that you and a cross-functional team will develop to make flights safe, fast, and convenient
- You will work together with agronomists and developers of computer vision models to define which insights need to be extracted out of sensor information
- You will work on designing user experiences that use these insights to support agronomic decision making and to provide farmers with actionable recommendations
WHO YOU ARE
- University degree in Geoscience, Remote Sensing, Agricultural Sciences, or a similar field
- Domain knowledge in agriculture and good understanding of use cases in precision farming and remote sensing with drones
- Expert knowledge in drone technology and the legal framework for operating drones in different countries
- Agile mindset and full knowledge of agile product development
- Driving license for car and A2 drone pilot license – Tractor & spraying license for crop protection products is a plus
- Occasional willingness to travel internationally
- Fluent German and English language skills verbal and written
The position will be based in Monheim/Leverkusen (Germany) with occasional travel to customers around the world.
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Division: Crop Science
Reference Code: 631873