PRIOjet Logistics is the platform, the operating system (Software-as-a-Service), for the initiation and processing of time-critical logistics with OBCs.
Hi! We're very happy that you're here.
PRIOjet Logistics, the SaaS-platform for arranging and processing extremely time-critical logistics orders, is the trusted partner all over the world for companies, logistics agencies, service providers, and on-board couriers - AND possibly your next great place to work.
What if spare parts, important production components, documents for immediate and safe delivery or medicines must be transported around the world directly, no matter what? In time-critical logistics, a courier jumps on the next plane for the delivery. PRIOjet Logistics brings all parties on one platform and offers them all the tools they need to excel. What has previously been a tangled combination of phone calls, SMS, chats, emails and faxes, is now conducted via a mobile and scalable SaaS solution.Tasks
Our cross-discipline team builds and runs a leading-edge platform for the international very sensitive emergency logistics sector. Hence, for our success, high-quality software development is a very important aspect.
We are looking for a Lead Software Developer with some years of experience as a Full Stack Developer working on Backend, Web and Mobile, and anything it takes to delight users and solves problems, to join our growing team in Hamburg or part-remotely. This position offers the opportunity to possibly take on the role of CTO and receive company shares (VSOP).
Your key responsibilities
Build across the full stack, from backend APIs to mobile and web frontend user interfaces to deliver end-to-end solutions based on user requirements and objectives by working on our NestJS (Node) backend written in Typescript in connection with React Native (expo . io, also Typescript) frontend apps.
- Plan, architect and implement new features in our backend.
- Drive decisions about the architecture and features of the apps.
- Manage the development roadmap with your colleagues and be able to prioritize.
- Implement, iterate and release features in a cross-functional team.
- Be self-driven and come up with new ideas on how to improve our product.
- Connect the dots on your own and be able to fill in the gaps as necessary.
- Pay attention to detail when needed and break complex tasks into smaller chunks without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Don't accept quick and inaccurate solutions but find a good balance in software development (usability, maintainability, extensibility, usability, accuracy, reliability, etc.).
- Extend and maintain our GraphQL API.
- Integrate third-party services and APIs into our system.
- Advocate for design thinking and user empathy to design and deliver high-quality UX. Work with our product owners to bring UI and UX to life.
- Build reusable, scalable, and reliable software solutions.
- Build the technical documentation and contribute to the internal knowledge and codebases.
But that´s not all. There is also a part which is up to you: What are you passionate about? What do you want to learn, and where else would you like to contribute?Requirements
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Full-Stack Software Engineer, building scalable backends (e.g. Python, NodeJS, Ruby, Go) as well as frontend apps using React/ReactJS/ React Native or similar frameworks.
- Experience in functional, object-oriented and other programming paradigms as well as the appropriate use and application of software patterns in the code.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar technical discipline.
- Experience as a software architect (database, APIs, service architectures) with a profound database knowledge (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, NoSQL), Linux/Unix skills, Cloud Services (Azure, AWS or/and Google Cloud), Git Workflows, and Dev/Ops is required.
- Knowledge of security best practices and understanding the most common security vulnerabilities.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques and Tools.
- Experience in debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills.
- Professional written and verbal fluency in English, same qualification in German is a plus but not a must.
Who you are:
- You have a hands-on attitude as a builder and maker - not a theorist.
- You are self-motivated. You take initiative, are naturally curious, and can learn new things quickly while continuing to deliver value on the job.
- You are a shipper. You respect deadlines, accomplish your work autonomously, and have experience setting a positive example for self-management to your team members.
- You are people-centric. You can thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts, and enjoy helping others grow.
- You are open to new ideas, demand and act upon feedback, are always constructive, and are radically honest about the state of things.
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience leading a team of developers.
- Experience working with international and/or distributed teams.
- Knowledge in Data Science and/or Business.
- Professional written and verbal fluency in German.
- A chance to work in a great start-up on an exciting problem space that becomes more and more important in an ever more connected world and supply chain.
- A diverse international team backed by international investors.
- Flexible schedule and remote-friendly workplace culture.
- Team activities.
- In addition to the salary, we have the option of a VSOP program.
- Optionally, we offer cash allowance for lunch or private internet connection.
- And sure, free warm and cold drinks and some fruits in our office in Hamburg and Frankfurt ;)
PRIOjet's mission enables a wide scope for personal growth and development for experienced, creative and motivated talents who work independently and reliably towards the common goal.
If this looks like a great match for you, please get in touch with us as soon as possible.
Quick tip: Please make sure to send us your CV and to tell us briefly and informally why you are the perfect match for PRIOjet.