AWS SageMaker is looking for you – a Software Development Engineer interested in democratizing machine learning (ML) and empowering the world to do more with it.
Our team is building a platform to enable Scientists and Software Developers to design, build, train and tune models quicker and easier. Our product consists of APIs, SDKs, AWS Console UI, a growing library of algorithms and a highly available platform capable of automatically building, tuning and deploying models.
We develop and run secure, highly available, robust and reliable distributed systems using latest technologies. You will own platform features end-to-end and work with your team-mates to turn them into reality following best software engineering practices.
In this highly visible position you will have possibility to directly influence technical decisions as well as our business strategy.
· You will be part of an agile team that delivers high quality software.
· You will be driving engineering best practices and mentoring junior engineers.
· You will collaborate closely with applied scientists in a cross-functional environment
· You will contribute to your team's software architecture and drive design decisions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Good analytical and problem solving skills
Experience in data structures, algorithm design, complexity analysis, object-oriented design
2+ years of professional experience in software development
Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Python, Scala, , C++, C#
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering
· Experience in the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with Machine Learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools
· Proven ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
· Experience in mentoring junior software engineers