ING Is looking for an Agile Coach for the Tech Infrastructure & Engineering department
Global Infrastructure & Engineering (I&E) provides all the global Tech Infrastructure services and tooling supporting our engineering workforce. Our purpose statement is: “We facilitate and empower our awesome engineers to build, integrate and run IT platforms and business products in combination with the ING Banking Platform to enable the creation of our Global Bank”,, as well as delivery of reliable and safe infrastructure & engineering capabilities.
Generic summary of role
The Head of CPMO hierarchically reports to Global Head Infrastructure & Engineering. The CPMO is responsible for the project- and portfolio management for chosen strategic projects with cross-Tribe structures, combined with the overall performance metrics for Tech I&E. The team is responsible for making sure that any of the strategic programmes for example emerging from Next Gen Tech, or Risk automation, impacted processes, people and/or tools can be embedded smoothly into the operational organization of tribes in Infrastructure & Engineering.
Who are we looking for?
You are a natural and passionate motivator who helps people get the best out of themselves. You support the organization in building an environment with focus on continuous improvement, automation and continuous delivery with high quality and in a consistent pace, where everyone’s common goal is to deliver and maintain outstanding products, striving for high-performing Squads and Tribe. Trust is an important basis. You are strongly focused on interaction; you connect people and clear communication is key for you. You are convincing in your performance and creative in your solutions. You know how to simplify complex issues and giving and receiving constructive feedback is a natural habit for you.
What will you do?
- As an Agile Coach your main goal is to coach the Squads, PO’s, Chapter Leads improving their Agile/DevOps skills and behavior while introducing ING Agile Way of Working.
- You have an IT background so you can help teams with embedding the new standards around software delivery (CD, TDD, Pair programming, etc.)
- You continuously coach and challenge them to improve their way of working. Lead Problem solving sessions to support squads to solve impediments in a structured manner.
- You will create collaboration mechanisms between all the Squads, PO, Chapter Leads within a Tribe to ensure alignment between respective stakeholders.
- You will mentor the CPO, POs, Scrum Masters and CL’s to be self-sustaining in aligning Squads and Chapters, and in their interactions with their stakeholders.
- You identify bottlenecks in the processes, and in the collaboration of squads.
- You provide methods to solve these problems. You have an exemplary role in dealing with feedback and making sure the Tribe and Squad members have the courage to give feedback proactively by enhancing a safe atmosphere.
- You are present in reviews, retrospectives, stand-up meetings, planning sessions and other meetings, to coach the squad to further improve performance. You will work with multiple Squads / Chapters and ensure that the processes are in place to perform the roles effectively.
- You are aware of the latest developments and trends with regard to Lean, Agile, DevOps, Change management and Coaching.
- You translate this to practical solutions, tooling and ways of working.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile?
- At minimum HBO/WO or comparable working and thinking level
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methods and expert in Lean and DevOps
- Experience in coaching of Squads and Chapters within a Tribe
- You have a strong personality and excellent people management skills: listening, motivating, observing, convincing and tenacious
- You are a highly organized, thorough and motivated professional who understands the importance of being a strong team player and a leader;
- You have good drive for quality and effective decision making
- You are good at group dynamics and coaching, stimulating behavior change in Tribes and Squads
- You cooperate, show courage, take responsibility, actively seek for help and feedback and dare to give feedback
- You excel in commitment and integrity and thereby are a trusted person for the squads
- You have sharp analytical skills and you are able to investigate complex problems and you are driven to simplify
- You focus on fact-based understanding of situations and are result-oriented
- You have experience in building high-performing Tribes, Squads and Chapters
- Knowledge of Risk is considered an asset
- You are fluent both in Dutch and in English
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.