IQ Products BV (IQ) is a biotech company, founded as a spin-off from the University of Groningen in October 1987, with a track record in the development and validation of antibodies and antibody based diagnostic kits. With a team of dedicated people IQ Products aims to contribute to better healthcare. IQ focuses on those products bringing innovative solutions to replace, improve or complement current diagnostics with a focus on Women’s Health.
IQ is looking for an enthusiastic Project Coordinator R&D, who can help with the expansion of IQ’s intellectual property and portfolio. A colleague who will be responsible for research and development in the area of Women’s Health, specifically focused on perinatal in vitro diagnostics in the field of pregnancy related disorders. In return for this effort IQ offers regular benefits and, in close cooperation with the UMCG, the objective to obtain a PhD degree. For that reason part of the work will take place at the university.
The new colleague will initiate and contribute to new and existing projects, together with the rest of the R&D team. An active role in making and maintaining contacts in IQ’s academic network in The Netherlands and abroad is expected. In this multidisciplinary job close communication with other departments like Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and Marketing & Sales is a necessity. Besides the biological or pharmacological background we expect the candidate to have a commercial interest and drive.
- Initiate, contribute to and coordinate research and development projects in close cooperation with the manager Product Development
- Active participation in discussions on the development of IQ’s portfolio.
- Being up to date with literature and developments in the field and from the competition.
- Support the M&S team with product specific background and technical support.
- Visits to national and international meetings and building of a network of key opinion leaders.
- Contribute to internal and external communication.
- A Master Degree with a background in medical biology, pharmacology, clinical chemistry, immunology or biochemistry.
- Excellent communicative skills and being able to bring projects to an end within the planned timeframe.
- Knowledge of antibodies and antibody techniques (flow cytometry, ELISA, western blot). Preferably have a wider background including molecular biological techniques like PCR and sequencing.
- The candidate shows initiative and works accurately when alone and in a team.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills in Dutch and English are required.
- Familiar with ISO 13485 and or FDA 21 CFR Part 820 and an accompanying QMS.
The position requires willingness to work outside office hours and to travel (inter)nationally.
IQ Products provides a varied and challenging position for 40 hours a week based in the Groningen office (initial employment is 12 months). An evaluation will be held after 9 months, and upon positive evaluation, the appointment will be extended for an additional 12 months. We offer a salary in line with the job description, a positive working atmosphere, a personal growth plan, training opportunities and the opportunity to obtain a PhD.
Are you interested in this position? Please send (all) in digital format: your application with motivation, a short curriculum vitae, copy of your master’s thesis (if available), record of Bachelor and Master courses (including grades), list of projects you have worked on (with brief description of your contribution) and the names and e-mail addresses of at least two academic references to Hedy Wind by e-mail (– Klik op de solliciteer-button om te solliciteren –) before January 10th 2017 when interested.
More background on IQ Products can be found at www.iqproducts.nl or www.pregnostic.nl