As a Lead Engineer you will be responsible for planning, checking and giving feedback on the detail engineering for hull sections and/or outfitting. You will be able to make small changes in the drawings yourself and solve issues during vessel commissioning. You will work according to customer requirements - as wel as technical and operational guidelines - in order to contribute to efficient production and maximise the quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of our vessels.
The engineering process starts with basic engineering and is followed by detail engineering. Depending on the building location - The Netherlands or abroad - the detail engineering will be performed by your company or an external party.
In this position, you will have the following responsibilities:
• setting up and planning of the detail engineering
• maintaining contact with the detail engineers abroad
• checking the detail engineering drawings (hull sections and/or outfitting)
• giving feedback on the delivered package
• performing small modifications yourself (currently in Nupas, but is set to change to Siemens NX)
• liasing with production engineering and production
• problem-solving during the commissioning of the vessel
• work on standardisation documents.
• bachelor or master degree in Naval architecture or other technical discipline
• excellent analytical, communication and problem solving skills
• a proactive, creative and flexible approach
• an excellent command of Englis
• a willingness to travel abroad several times a year, and for several weeks at a time.