Your mission is to ensure that the parts and modules that our design teams envisage – parts with extreme specifications and infinitesimal tolerances – will be ready and available the moment we start manufacturing. That’s why your job title will be “Supplier” Mechanical Engineer, because you will fulfil a role similar to a Supply Chain Engineer. But unlike ordinary Supply Chain Engineers you will be involved at the very start of the design and development process – because we need to know months in advance that the parts performance we seek is not only possible but virtually 100% guaranteed. You will achieve this certainty not only by insisting on the highest of engineering standards from world-leading suppliers but also by understanding the technical limitations, and where necessary you will drive co-design initiatives and encourage engineers on both sides to seek alternative solutions. It’s a challenging position, but if you enjoy creative problem-solving and motivating others to do the same, then it’s also a highly rewarding job with plenty of pinnacles of satisfaction.
You will be part of ASML’s Development & Engineering sector, which is responsible for driving Industrialization into the early design of our products. In this sense Industrialization means Reliability, Availability, Manufacturability, and Serviceability (RAMS). This sector therefore plays the leading role in reducing operational costs by design and process improvements.
Your main duties will include:
- Identifying and solving structural problems in depth.
- Ensuring operational excellence at suppliers for volume release.
- Reinforcing supplier technology and where necessary develop new technology skills within supplier.
- Contribute in design phase during New Product Introduction process and give feedback on supply-chain related design choices, and early supply chain involvement.
- Handshaking with SCE GLS to start up volume production.
- Bachelor or Masters mechanics or mechatronics.
- Five years in high tech environment, preferably with experience in Supply Chain Engineering. Trained and experienced with quality systems - preferably Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
- Excellent social and communication skills in English. Team player, but also independent. Result driven, planning and prioritizing.
We offer a position in a very dynamic high tech organization. Salary depends on educational history and work experience. For more information 040-2198410.