Hunkemöller's looking for a fashion-minded, highly strategic & inspiring Head of Marketing and Communications (m/f), who shares our ambitions and values. Ready to inspire team, be a key driver when it comes to change, innovation & trends in brand, -comms, digital and production? Then read on & apply!
This role is based in our international HQ in Hilversum near Amsterdam (NL). From here we develop our overall strategy to become a 'global, social & much-loved brand', our design-led products & true Omni Channel customer experience that we deliver to customers around the world in over 900 stores & 21 countries.
In the role of Head of Marketing & Communications you'll report to the Global Marketing & Communications Director who sits in the Trading Board, and will be part of the Business Leadership Team. On a daily basis, you'll manage directly the Managers leading all topics around Media planning, Social Media, Content & PR, Traffic & Production. You'll also work closely with the Director to lead the Marketing Operations, VM and CRM team.
Your role is to define & lead the development and execution of a cohesive 360 marketing strategy across all markets, that consistently builds the Hunkemöller brand across all consumer touch points, making sure Hunkemöller becomes the most inspiring and social global brand. You'll be the "brand police", managing the image of the Hunkemöller brand to ensure that this fits within the Hunkemöller vision and ensure all marketing activities are evaluated and shared within the organisation.
You'll be the linking pin in the group of our Hunkemöller 'head of departments'; fully focused on driving brand consistency, alignment, innovation & engagement; having close contact with the Omnichannel team, Design & Buying teams, Finance teams. Towards the leadership board, you'll have high visibility & make an impact on decision making when it comes to Marketing & Communication.
For our key partners outside the organization, you're main point of contact when it come to broader brand & comms decisions.
Have a glimpse into more job details here:
Main area 1: Marketing strategy & Marcom strategy development and cross-functional implementation of marketing/ commercial calendar
- Defining and executing the brand marketing & communication strategies, adapting the marketing plans based on consumer needs/insights and ROI/ learnings.
- Defining the 360 marketing/campaign & overall communications plans (i.e. both above & below the line in all markets, PR/Social media) and steering everyone involved in this. Mobile first is key focus.
- Lead Kick off annual strategy alignment with Omnichannel department as well as annual marketing budget requirements.
- Secure the implementation of marketing campaigns and ensuring the realisation of objectives in the strategic marketing plan, monitoring progress, evaluating effectiveness and making adjustments accordingly
- Making sure all processes (e.g. Concept to Launch) are followed by the responsible manager and the planning is executed.
- Leading the weekly Marketing meeting involving all marketing departments (incl. CRM/Omni-channel/Marketintelligence/Creativeteam/Operations/Visual Merchandising/CSR) and securing follow up of agreed actions.
- Reporting on a weekly and monthly basis to the Business Leadership Team & the Board on Marcom plans
- Communicating with other internal HQ departments (Omnichannel, Design, Buying, Merchandising, Finance, HR, Board)
- Being leading sparring partner with Facebook/ Google (Youtube) / media agencies/online marketing agency;
Main area 2: Brand consistency
- Ensuring all brand messages (all brand touchpoints) are in line with brand values and brand image (i.e. look and feel and tone of voice).
- Managing the execution of both above the line (e.g. TVC, OOH, Print, Radio) as well as below the line (e.g. PR, Social, Influencer marketing, Ambassador program) communications for all campaigns and generates visual assets to be used across different media platforms
Main area 3: Management
- Managing media, social, content development, PR/Influencer and Operations departments incl local marketing representatives in all key markets.
- Coordinating cross-functionally the concept to launch process, encouraging a customer-driven culture and a great working atmosphere
- Coaching and motivating employees and helping them to execute all activities to the best of their abilities.
- Part of Business Leadership team responsible for defining & monitoring overall business strategies across all markets on both short & longer term.
Main area 4: Budget
- Responsibility for the marketing budget
- Monthly budget update after period closure with Controller
The right candidate brings these competencies:
- Truly loves customer-centric brand activation and communication
- Strategic and conceptual thinking
- Analytical mindset
- Ability to work cross functionally with strong communication skills
- Excellent organising and planning skills
- Coaching and managing direct reports (overall team around 20 people with direct and indirect reports combined)
- Team player who is a source of energy and inspiration
- Flexible work attitude with the ability to respond to changing and fast-growing business (not a 9 – 5 attitude); quick problem-solving attitude
- Fashion-minded & creative thinker.
Requirements for this job:
- Experience: minimum of 7 years of brand marketing and communication experience (of which more than 3 years in retail marketing role); proven track record in running marketing departments, preferably in Fashion or Retail
- Knowledge of/and experience in media buying & media landscape/social media marketing/online advertising/PR and Operations
- Knowledge & experience working with Google Analytics, FB/social analytics, Brand KPI Research
- Education level: university (i.e. social media/marketing/communications)
- Languages: Fluent English, additional languages are a plus
Hunkemöller strives to be a much-loved, global and social brand. A place where people love to work, are proud of the brand, and where we create true brand ambassadors. Working in a passionate, energetic, design-led and performance-driven environment where our key customer persona "Shero" sits at the heart of everything we do. Hunkemöller is certified TOP EMPLOYER of the Netherlands 2019, which underlines our people initiatives and achievements.
Apply with your CV or LinkedIn URL only - we're looking forward to your application!
For this role, we're not looking to work with external agencies.
Uren per week: