As a Junior Operational Purchaser (Shipbuilding), you will work within the purchasing team. Under supervision and coaching, you will purchase materials, parts and services for highly innovative and complex dredging and offshore vessels. You will build on your knowledge and skills, applying them in order to guarantee OSBIT (on-spec, on-budget and in-time) delivery of the procured products.
You will have the opportunity to develop your personal leadership, commercial and technical skills. This position offers excellent career development within Royal IHC, particularly in supply chain management, as well as sales and project management.
Within this role, your duties will include the following:
- helping to determine the purchasing requirements of projects
- negotiating on price and delivery times within a defined framework
- discussing deviations from the order with the supplier
- monitoring delivery times and conditions, and intervening in case of (potential) breaches or conflict situations
- monitoring all relevant supply chain information - such as quotations, orders and correspondence - and taking any necessary action
- checking, preparing, archiving, confirming and corresponding with other parties in order to ensure order realisation preparing reports in line with hierarchical and functional procedures.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- 1-2 years of relevant workexperience in purchasing, supply chain or sales
- commercial awareness with a technical background, or vice versa
- a commercial or technical degree at a higher vocational level
- excellent communication skills
- a curious and critical attitude, open to feedback and sufficient self-reflection
- a focus on results and quality, with the ability to identify and address delivery risks
- the ability to contribute to process improvement and a disciplined approach
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- prefferably experience working with an ERP system .
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time position within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance and training.
Are you interested in the position of Junior Operational Purchaser (Shipbuilding) and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
As a Junior Operational Purchaser (Shipbuilding) you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.