LOCATIONS: De Brug Rotterdam/Brussels office
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Infrequent presence in other location is required (0-5%)
WORKING HOURS: Full time
Unilever Benelux has several Business Planner roles in the Supply Chain team, working for specific Category portfolios.
Play a key role in:
- Top Down Long term planning (5-18 months)
- Capacity planning based on demand uncertainty / scenario planning
- Demand Supply reconciliation (1-18 month)
- Innovation planning for Relaunches & New Products
- Business Tradeoffs between Growth Opportunities, Working Capital and Operational Costs.
Works closely together with the Forecasting Excellence team on Forecasting and continuous improvement, CD on Demand uncertainties, Portfolio & Innovation (P&I) coordinators on Innovation planning and upstream SC (Category, Service Units, Procurement) on short and long term delivery.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Supply Chain MCO:
- Dispatch Rate and Obsoletes – using available data and analytics to generate business insights and action plans for different scenarios.
- Managing appropriate stock levels, driven by forecast uncertainty insight (event mgt, season mgt, Assumptions risk and opportunity planning).
- Part of the project team for implementation of next generation planning systems.
- Drives the service performance to the agreed service targets
- Collaborates with forecast excellence team & Country Category Business Team (CCBT) to define the constrained plan and risk mitigation plans
- Collaborates with European category teams to identify supply constraints and opportunities
- Drives the demand and supply reconciliation long term (through Rough Cut Capacity Planning (RCCP)) and mid-term (4wks+)
- Prepares handover of mid-term plan to the Customer Support Squad for execution (1-4 wks) e.g. list of key events, risks and opportunities and risk mitigation
Innovations / relaunches
- Translate the innovation forecast for the full horizon (5-18 months) in Visual Fabric in cooperation with CCBT team (volume and risk & opportunities)
- Collaborate with P&I on innovation and launch planning for the go to market
- Check feasibility of timings and production capacity of innovations and relaunches.
- Translate phasing in and out plan in planning system in cooperation with Category, Forecasting Excellence, and Customer teams.
- Identifies the key trade-offs in running operation, events, and product launches and proposes options to the planning manager and the CCBT lead (trade off cost/ cash/ service)
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Sales, Trade Category Management, Brand Building, and Finance business partners for forecast optimization purposes and perfect execution of product launches.
- Understanding of the drivers of the business in order to communicate and share the SC information properly and effectively
- Provide transparency about potential risks and obsoletes regarding innovations, delisting’s and relaunches.
- Focus on prevention and solving of obsoletes through proactive risk mitigation (including approval of the business)
- Represent Supply Chain with respect to obsolete related topics.
KEY REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Education with relevant Master Degree (e.g. SC management, technical)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant (FMCG) experience
- Strong analytical capabilities, ability to work with big portfolio’s, building on modelling skills, and profound system thinking,
- Operational experience in and knowledge of the Supply Chain
- Digital mindset & technology savvy (beyond SAP and Excel, i.e. AI/ML)
- Capability to resolve Strategic and Tactical planning challenges as well as day to day problems
- Interpersonal skills: convincing, engaging, deal making, influencing skills
- Effective communication skills on different levels
- Language skills: NL/BE: fluency in Dutch and/or French and proficient of English;
- Other relevant experience such as factory, marketing or sales
- Practical creativity: can-do mindset
- Analytical ability
- Entrepreneurial behavior
- Influencing others
- Ability to learn
EXCITED ABOUT THE ROLE?
To apply, you must do so online. Please do not forget to upload your CV and a motivation letter. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly after the closing date to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Please note this is a Direct Search led by Unilever. Applications from agencies will not be accepted, nor will fees be paid for unsolicited CVs.