ING is looking for a Senior Compliance Expert to support its Conflict of Interest (COI) processes in the compliance domain. As a subject matter expert you contribute to managing and enriching various aspects of this process at a global level in coordination with various stakeholders. This is a role in the 2nd line of defence within the bank. You will be performing risk and control assessment, creating guidance documents, policy interpretation and acting as a linking pin to the other parties in the value chain.
What you'll do
- Determine and implement the CoI strategy – in consultation with Management of Bank Compliance when necessary
- Define key objectives for CoI processes. When necessary, determine priorities for CoI activities in consultation with the compliance community
- Describe global CoI processes, standards and guidelines in consultation with policy owners. Maintain and update global process manuals (e.g. control room manual) and intranet page of CoI processes /compliance control room. Define dependencies and pre-requisites for the process including service agreements with relevant departments
- Set up a structure for interaction with the stakeholders. E.g. organizing global process alignment calls. Escalation of control gaps identified in the end to end process, to the relevant stakeholders and follow up
- Representation in relevant Steering Committees and Project Boards when needed
- Provide guidance, if needed or requested, on conflicts of interest management, open period restrictions and projects involving ING inside information
- Coordinate the training and communication on CoI topics towards relevant stakeholders (e.g. business), including roles and responsibilities
How to succeed
- Ability to clearly articulate complex scenarios in English;
- Strong prioritization and planning skills;
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills for interactions with management and operational staff;
- Strong coordination and project management skills for running multiple initiatives;
- You have a masters degree in a relevant field of expertise;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think out new solutions (“outside of the box”);
- Willingness and ambition to drive process change; ability to speak up;
- High level of pro-activeness and initiative
- Can-do attitude.
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.