ING Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) is looking to hire a Senior Financial Crime Compliance Officer.
This is a challenging opportunity for a dynamic/strong and seasoned FCC professional to join the FCC team, which is part of the Corporate Compliance department (based in Amsterdam).
The position of Senior Financial Crime Compliance Officer is identified as a senior expert role with a strong focus on skills to take things on and make it happen.
Key result area’s and responsibilities
The Senior Financial Crime Compliance Officer:
· has a global vision on how to secure today and tomorrow the effective management of FCC-related risks;
· influences and participates, where valuable, in industry meetings to foster the exchange of knowledge about regulations and to deepen FCC knowledge;
· advises Management on FCC related risks and requirements to ensure that they act in accordance with laws, regulations and ING risk appetite as defined in ING Policies, including keeping them informed on developments in the FCC area;
· advises and challenges the identification, documentation and assessment of the compliance risks associated with the bank’s activities;
· monitors to ensure that Management and employees are investigating, adequately mitigating and/or promptly remediating compliance issues identified;
· investigates and challenges the circumstances that give rise to FCC threats and risks;
· leads FCC team members to achieve expected results. Assesses, develops, coaches and inspires them. Works together with team members to come up with solutions and find alternatives;
· maintains contact with various stakeholders (internal and external), works together with them to achieve the goal and gives advice, seeking the right balance between the various interests whilst keeping the goal in mind;
· leads projects and manages the production of deliverables as per the explicit quality agreements;
· ensures that the tasks are completed successfully for all stakeholders;
· keeps abreast of significant developments and/or changes in relevant laws, regulations and good business practices, and on significant internal developments which may have an impact on the Financial Crime Compliance risk profile of ING Bank;
Your work environment
The FCC team is part of the Corporate Compliance department (based in Amsterdam) (2nd LoD).
The FCC team is working together based on knowledge and expertise, as well as the skill set needed to best perform the job.
The team is working with key internal stakeholders and offers an environment which provides a global overview on how the relevant FCC requirements and controls are embedded within the business, and provides an opportunity to manage relationships with external stakeholders, regulators and supervisory institutions.
· You understand the business and have strong professional knowledge of the FCC domain, the related processes, technology and developments in the field;
· You are pragmatic and energetic;
· You have a critical mindset;
· You inspire, motivate and help others to succeed;
· You are people-focussed; connecting and interacting with others is something that comes naturally to you;
· You are a good communicator, being able to convey complex messages in simple way to bring adherence to “why” change is required to achieve effective management of FCC risks;
· You are confident, result driven and seek to find innovative and new creative solutions;
· Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
· University degree, knowledge of banking business, processes, procedures and systems;
· > 10 years of proven experience in the (international) compliance/financial crime compliance domain;
· Experience in strategic initiatives;
· Self-starting capabilities;
· Learning agility and innovative mindset;
· Ability to work across functional and geographic lines;
· Strong analytical skills and sound judgement;
· Fluent in English;
· Organisational sensitivity;
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING: