ING Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) is looking for a Medior Financial Crime Compliance Officer. This is a challenging opportunity for a dynamic FCC professional to join the FCC team, which is part of the Corporate Compliance department (based in Amsterdam).
The FCC team is working together based on knowledge and expertise, as well as the skill set needed to best perform the job.
The team is working with key internal stakeholders and offers an environment which provides a global overview on how the relevant FCC requirements and controls are embedded within the business, and provides an opportunity to support relationships with external stakeholders, regulators and supervisory institutions. The position of Medior Financial Crime Compliance Officer is identified as a medior expert role with a strong focus on skills to take things on and make it happen. Does it sound interesting? Then please read on!
What you'll do
- You provide input to colleagues that participate, where valuable, in industry meetings to foster the exchange of knowledge about regulations and to deepen FCC knowledge
- You advise management and employees on FCC related risks and requirements to ensure that they act in accordance with laws, regulations and ING risk appetite as defined in ING Policies, including keeping them informed on developments in the FCC area
- You advise and challenges the identification, documentation and assessment of the compliance risks associated with the bank’s activities
- You support and monitor to ensure that Management and employees are investigating, adequately mitigating and/or promptly remediating compliance issues identified
- You investigate and challenges the circumstances that give rise to FCC threats and risks
- You work together with FCC team members to achieve expected results and comes up with solutions and find alternatives
- You ensure that the tasks are completed successfully for all stakeholders
- You maintain contact with various stakeholders (internal and external), works together with them to achieve the goal and gives advice, seeking the right balance between the various interests whilst keeping the goal in mind
- You adhere to the explicit quality agreements in the production of deliverables
- You keep abreast of significant developments and/or changes in relevant laws, regulations and good business practices, and on significant internal developments which may have an impact on the Financial Crime Compliance risk profile of ING Bank
How to succeed
University degree, knowledge of banking business, processes, procedures and systems
5-10 years of proven experience in the (international) compliance/financial crime compliance domain
Learning agility and innovative mindset
Ability to work across functional and geographic lines
Strong analytical skills and sound judgement
Fluent in English
Organisational sensitivity and decisiveness.
- You understand the business and have professional knowledge of the FCC domain, the related processes, technology and developments in the field
- You are pragmatic and energetic and have a critical mindset
- You are people-focused; connecting and interacting with others is something that comes naturally to you
- You are a good communicator, being able to convey complex messages in a simple way to bring adherence to “why” change is required to achieve effective management of FCC risks
- You are confident, result-driven and seek to find innovative and new creative solutions
What we offer
A job from 36 or 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.