Your working environment
The Global KYC organisation is a first line of defence department providing the ING business and functions with guidance, standardized solutions in the area of KYC-related regulations, as well as supporting the realization of operational excellence. In the Global KYC organisation you will be working with many colleagues from different disciplines, geographies and backgrounds. You will be part of managing and supporting the transformation towards this global organisation and as such contribute significantly to the realization of the One Agile Way of Working methodology within ING.
As the Expert Lead CDD Program Coordination you will be based in Amsterdam (even though another location where Global KYC functions are performed is an option that can be discussed) on a 40 hours contract, and report hierarchically and functionally to the Global CDD Lead.
What you’ll do
The CDD domain focuses on the effective management of KYC/AML activities and the timely execution of our regulatory commitments. With the launch of the revised Global KYC organisation, the CDD pillar will cover the full E2E scope, including: CDD content expertise; E2E process ownership; ownership of the CDD Target Operating Model, service ownership of cross-business line centralized CDD operations.
The Expert Lead Customer Due Diligence (CDD) Program Coordination manages a central team of 10-20 FTE (direct) that is responsible for the overall coordination across the CDD Pillar for all regulatory and internal commitments, including driving CDD led change programs, coordinating the CDD deliverables for structural solutions, and ensuring the CDD Pillar is fully coordinated across the organisation.
Key elements of the role includes:
- Responsible for on time delivery of requirements for the structural solution, ensuring all global / regulatory timelines are met.
- Responsible for ensuring the CDD organisation delivers against committed change plans
- Actively manage risks / issues related to the change
- Owner of CDD Pillar financials and headcount – planning and modelling.
How to succeed
- Academic degree. Accreditation for project management such as Agile, Prince2 or PMP. Accreditation or certification in FEC, FATCA, CRS, ESR or AML expertise areas.
- Work Experience
- 10+ years experience working in global financial services industry with demonstrable success in leading global change program, preferably with large global financial institutions. Relevant track record of working in the area of KYC and thorough understanding of the current market and regulatory conditions and challenges that the financial industry faces.
- Fluent in English speaking and in writing. Have experience in working in a multi-national, complex organisations in a matrixed environment with a senior management / Program management view.
- Proven track record with AML/ CDD/ KYC including having held previous (managerial) positions steering large scale operations and/or remediation programs.
- Understanding of key regulations (such as FEC, ESR, FATCA, CRS) and their respective effects on the operational landscape of KYC including the interaction with the 2nd line.
- Thorough understanding of the entire customer life cycle of a client within a financial institution.
- Proven profound communication, convincing and advisory skills with the ability to work at all levels in the organisation (a track record in project / program management).
- Builds bridges by nature and are able to bridge between different levels, different people and different cultures. The relationships are built on capability and trust.
- A client focused attitude linked to a sound understanding of how to achieve operational excellence.
- Excellent planner and organizer.
- Proactive, Can-Do, No Surprises and Positive mind-set. Overall you have a healthy work ethic and a willingness to collaborate.
- Ability to facilitate decision-making to drive complex design issues to a conclusion.
- Organizationally sensitive.
- Profound knowledge of the AML/ CDD/ KYC domain, it's key stakeholders and regulations.
- Experience with balancing client, 1st and 2nd line interests.
- Ability to display style flexibility to teams and adapt plan, approach and behavior to the different needs, cultures and situations.
- Strong resilience; ability to navigate through ambiguity and simplify complexity without losing essence.
- Ability to ‘get people on board’ and ensure necessary buy-in from stakeholders.
- Willing and able to travel.
What we offer
A job from of 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 27 vacation days with a 40-hour working week.
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Questions or want to apply?
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button. Applicable to those with a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.