As Transaction Monitoring (TM) Optimisation Leadyou will manage a team of ~ 120 fte responsible for defining the methodology for optimizing the Monitoring Alert Systems, leading the risk UAT related to our regulatory committed programs, and leading a team of ~ 100 investigation analysts that perform the tuning of the systems.
These global systems monitor customer transactions for indicators of financial and economic crime. The tuning, testing and optimization of these systems is a regulatory requirement and requires statistical, investigative, program and operational disciplines to deliver.
What you’ll do:
- Owning and defining a robust and defensible methodology for optimizing the Monitoring Alert Systems, both initial threshold setting (risk UAT), and ongoing tuning of thresholds (back-testing)
- Leading the regulatory programs to set initial thresholds (risk UAT) for global alert generation systems
- Define and own the methodology for segmentation / peer grouping of ING clients, and the execution and maintenance of segmentation in the alert generation system
- Operational leadership of alert investigation analysts undertaking investigation of alerts to validate system configurations
- Responsible for ensuring TM models are compliant with Model Validation rules
- Role is likely to represent ING with regulators with regards to scenario model validation and as applicable
How to succeed
- Academic degree / masters / Phd in Statistics or related field
- Accreditation for project management such as Agile, Prince2 or PMP is preferred. Accreditation or certification in FEC, FATCA, CRS, ESR or AML expertise preferred.
- 10+ years experience working in global financial services industry with demonstrable success in leading global change programmes, preferably with large global financial institutions.
- 5+ years in advanced analytics / modelling / artificial intelligence activities
- Relevant track record of working in the area of KYC and thorough understanding of the current market and regulatory conditions and challenges that the financial industry faces. Experience in leading operational functions is a plus. Experience in leading large, complex, cross functional programs is a plus. Demonstrable experience in Leading by influence. 5+ years dealing with complex regulators.
- Fluent in English speaking and in writing. Have experience in working in a multi-national, complex organisations in a matrixed environment with a senior management / Program management view.
- Proven track record with AML/ CDD/ KYC including having held previous managerial positions steering large scale operations and remediation programs in particular.
- Understanding of:
a) key regulations (such as EU AML Directives, BSA related in-country regulations), recommendations from global institutions (such as FATF, Wolfsberg and Basel); and global / regional intelligence sharing initiatives and their respective effects on the operational landscape of KYC including the interaction with the 2nd line.
b) the entire customer life cycle of a client within a financial institution.
c) the importance of taking a risk based approach to TM and how to build an appropriate enabling operational and management culture, governance and set of controls.
- Proven profound communication, convincing and advisory skills with the ability to work at all levels in the organisation (a track record in project / programme management).
- Builds bridges by nature and are able to bridge between different levels, different people and different cultures. The relationships are built on capability and trust.
- A client focused attitude linked to a sound understanding of how to achieve operational excellence.
- Proactive, Can-Do, No Surprises and Positive mind-set. Overall you have a healthy work ethic and a willingness to collaborate.
- Ability to facilitate decision-making to drive complex design issues to a conclusion.
- Organisationally sensitive.
- Profound knowledge of the AML/ CDD/ KYC domain, it's key stakeholders and regulations.
- Experience with balancing client, 1st and 2nd line interests.
- Ability to display style flexibility to teams and adapt plan, approach and behaviour to the different needs, cultures and situations.
- Strong resilience; ability to navigate through ambiguity and simplify complexity without losing essence.
- Ability to ‘get people on board’ and ensure necessary buy-in from stakeholders.
- Hands-on team player.
- Willing and able to travel.
What we offer
A job from of 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 27 vacation days with a 40-hour working week.
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Your working environment
The Global KYC organisation is a first line of defence department providing the ING business and functions with guidance, standardised solutions in the area of KYC-related regulations as well as supporting realising operational excellence. In the Global KYC organisation you will be working with many colleagues from different disciplines, geographies and backgrounds. You will be part of managing and supporting the transformation towards this global organisation and as such contribute significantly to the realisation of the One Agile Way of Working methodology within ING.
As an Expert Lead Transaction Monitoring Optimisation you will be based in Amsterdam on a 40 hours contract, and report hierarchically and functionally to the Global Transaction Monitoring Lead.
Questions or want to apply?
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button. Applicable to those with a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.