ING is looking for a Financial Risk Officer - Market Risk Economic Capital in the Financial Risk Analysis Team within ING Risk Management. The Financial Risk (FR) department is a head office function that sets and control financial risk strategy across the organization. Financial Risk sets the risk strategy across the bank to control its financial risks. The department provides strategic guidance on financial risk (credit, trading, and balance sheet), safeguards regulatory compliance, is responsible for model development for banking, trading and credit risks and acts as risk manager for Global Treasury.
The Financial Risk Analysis team is as model owner responsible for the Market Risk Economic Capital models of ING locations worldwide. Does it sound interesting? Please read on!
What you'll do
- Act as model owner of the Market Risk Economic Capital models
- Participate in model content panels
- Coordinate, challenge & perform financial risk analyses and assessments
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Initiate model improvements and determine requirements
- Draft technical model documentation
- Global oversight and coordination of Financial Risks within the Bank
- Performing periodic asset and liability reviews
- Support Risk Appetite and limit setting, allocation and monitoring
- Participation in (change) projects
- Support design and roll-out of risk frameworks throughout the bank
- Propose principles & minimum standards for Financial Risk
How to succeed
- >3 years knowledge of risk management and financial products
- Fluent in English
- Academic level, preferably in Economics/Econometrics/Finance or a Quantitative specialisation
- Working with presentations, the ability to present complex content in an easy and transparent way
Personal qualities & behavioural traits
- Strong analytical skills (the breakdown of complex issues in manageable pieces)
- Good communication skills
- Able to identify problems independently and to solve them with the help of experienced staff, also involving the appropriate parties
- Result-driven and able to push things forward in a persistent and constructive manner
- Able to manage different stakeholders and navigate different cultural environments
- Decisive and resilient
- Changeable and flexible, able to act swiftly in changing situations
- Well structured, autonomous, highly adaptive, flexible team player
- Thrive while working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employmentconditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information.Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.