Your working environment
The Global KYC organisation is a first line of defence department providing the ING business and functions with guidance, standardised solutions in the area of KYC-related regulations as well as supporting realising operational excellence. In the Global KYC organisation you will be working with many colleagues from different disciplines, geographies and backgrounds. You will be part of managing and supporting the transformation towards this global organisation and as such contribute significantly to the realisation of the One Agile Way of Working methodology within ING.
As an Expert Lead Transaction Monitoring Program / Business Management you will be based in Amsterdam on a 40 hours contract, and report hierarchically and functionally to the Global Transaction Monitoring Lead.
What you’ll do
The TM Pillar is responsible for a significant number of regulatory milestones deliverables with prescribed timeframes, as well as other non-regulatory but foundational programs to deliver a TM sufficiently capability for the bank. Discipline around timeliness of delivery is essential. The Expert lead TM Program / Business Management manages the central team of ~6 fte (direct).
Key elements of the role includes:
- Defining and owning the TM pillar plan for regulatory milestones and deliverables, and ensuring timely delivery
- Defining and owning the TM pillar plan for TM led change programs, and ensuring timely delivery
- Identifying and evaluating risks / issues related to both regulatory and TM led change programs, and drive plans to mitigate
- Lead on the gathering of artefacts / evidence that demonstrate proper due process for regulatory change programs
- In partnership with TM management team, develop, track and deliver against i-risk plans to address control issues arising through self-identification, CAS or regulatory exams
- Be primary point of contact with the Delivery Tribe on regulatory program plans
- In partnership with TM Head, proactively manage TM Pillar financials to ensure accurate forecasting and delivery to budget
How to succeed
- Academic degree
- Accreditation for project management such as Agile, Prince2 or PMP strongly preferred. AML related accreditation or certification preferred
- 5+ years experience working in global financial services industry with demonstrable success in leading global change programmes, preferably with large global financial institutions
- 5+ years experience running large, complex, cross functional change programs
- Fluent in English speaking and in writing.
- Have experience in working in a multi-national, complex organisations in a matrixed environment with a senior management / Program management view
- Proven profound communication, convincing and advisory skills with the ability to work at all levels in the organisation (a track record in project / programme management)
- Builds bridges by nature and are able to bridge between different levels, different people and different cultures. The relationships are built on capability and trust
- A client focused attitude linked to a sound understanding of how to achieve operational excellence
- Excellent planner and organiser and hands-on team player
- Proactive, Can-Do, No Surprises and Positive mind-set. Overall you have a healthy work ethic and a willingness to collaborate
- Ability to facilitate decision-making to drive complex design issues to a conclusion
- Understanding of:
a) the customer life cycle of a client within a financial institution
b) The AML lifecycle
- Organisationally sensitive
- Ability to display style flexibility to teams and adapt plan, approach and behaviour to the different needs, cultures and situations
- Strong resilience; ability to navigate through ambiguity and simplify complexity without losing essence
- Ability to ‘get people on board’ and ensure necessary buy-in from stakeholders
- Willing and able to travel
What we offer
A job from of 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 27 vacation days with a 40-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Questions or want to apply?
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button. Applicable to those with a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.