Design the CK Swimwear line that is relevant and commercially successful, showing a clear understanding of the Calvin Klein brand identity and vision. Design and develop a cohesive collection that can meet the various needs of the Global market. The team collaborate with the merchandising and development teams to create the collection.
The Design Director is responsible for the overseeing the design direction for seasonal design and the elevation of the CK Swimwear team. The key objective is to ensure commercial product ranges are design and developed for the division in line with the brand and compliment all other CK divisions.
The Design Director has knowledge of all swimwear categories and works closely with the
designers in his or her team. He or she will drive and manage the team as a people manager with eye
for the individual’s developmental needs.
The Design Director CK Swimwear report directly into the President
The Ideal Candidate
- Collaboratively drive the design vision for product creation from ideation to execution, making sure there is balance of fashion and commerciality to meet the seasonal business needs within the Swimwear division
- Collaboratively set the Seasonal design Direction: Partners with the color and concept team on seasonal color, graphics, print and pattern stories, create seasonal Mood Boards, Fabric concepts and styling for the seasonal look books
- Analyses trends and translates that into the collection through your product classifications
- Managing the Design team and process. Controlling the workload and structuring the daily activities, optimizing the ways of working.
- Close cooperation with the Merchandise Director and Production and Sourcing Director, to ensure a CK worthy product with high quality standards.
- Respecting the Divisional Calendar and Range Plans, able to drive team to respect the deadlines.
- Traveling (Fairs, store-checks, Far East, Turkey, Fashion fairs, etc.)
- Making Collections Overviews
- Prepare collection brief together with sales team for board approval
- Lead/engage in projects aimed at efficiency and quality improvements
- Drive efficiency improvement by analyzing processes and best practices, pursuing effective
- structures and ways of working, and working with cross-functional teams to capture opportunities, align processes, and create synergies (in ways of working)
- Balance budgets and pursue team structures that improve efficiency in alignment with strategic and functional objectives
- Manage learning and development of Design team, steer and coach team members and their creative processes and drive development of direct reports
- Oversee and consult on operational activities of Design team
What you can expect from us
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with our very own People's Place Gym and People's Place Cafe's
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities