Hoe ziet jouw rol eruit? - What will your job look like?
Quality, innovation, sustainability and strong brands – that is what makes Royal FrieslandCampina one of the world leaders in the Dairy business. With over 23.000 employees we operate in more than 100 countries worldwide in a broad portfolio of Dairy based products. FrieslandCampina’s purpose is nourishing by nature. It stands for better nutrition for the world, a good living for our farmers, now and for generations to come.
FrieslandCampina is organized in 4 different Business Groups, with Consumer Dairy (CD) being the biggest one in terms of revenue contribution. The CD business group produces and sells consumer brands such as Campina, Chocomel, Vifit, Dutch Lady, Frisian Flag, Landliebe and Friso Cheese. Production is spread across 30 factories globally.
The company has embarked on an ambitious strategy to return to winning in the market place. To fund this strategy, Consumer Dairy will need to transform its supply chain and structurally reduce the supply chain costs. This 3-year program is named SC Unlock and covers the global end-to-end value chain, including service, source, make and deliver.
The Manager Supply Chain Operations reports directly to the SC Finance Director and operates out of Amersfoort, where the central CD SC leadership is based. He/she leads the financial planning, analytics and controlling cycle in CD SC with a team of 3 direct reports.
The key areas of the role where step changes are needed in the next 3 years are:
1. Improve the transparency and insights behind SC costprice information to Fighting Units, leading to better integration and decisions between supply chain and the markets.
2. Drive the SC Unlock transformation program through robust savings tracking, leading to proactive steering of the project funnel and strong credibility of results reported.
3. Professionalize the core SC financial processes (e.g. budgeting, product costing, asset management) as part of globalizing the function.
- Lead a team of 3 full time direct reports, all based in Amersfoort: management reporting analyst, product costing analyst, and capex/transformation analyst.
- Monthly business review (MBR) cycle with timely and insightful information towards senior management. Consolidating financial and non-financial results across the global network of 28 factories. Leading performance management in case performance interventions are needed.
- Annual business planning cycle, including ownership of the timetable, communication to all plant- and plan & deliver controllers globally. Covering all components of the SC Costs (milk, raw/pack, conversion, deliver), capex, staff, cash/working capital.
- Strategic analysis in the areas of e.g. milk valorization, footprint/ROCE, performance trends.
- Coordination of capex investment approval process, including overall budget control at BG-level.
- Ensuring robust and insightful savings progress tracking against the Busines Group’s SC Unlock ambition.
- Monthly product costing updates and centralized communication to the scooped Fighting Units.
- First point of contact with all central finance functions related to supply chain, including Dairy Essentials/Corporate Affairs, Tax, Corporate SC Finance, Corporate Audit, BG Internal Controls.
- Business partner to central Performance Excellence team, which drive big investment projects and the WCOM improvement program.
- Prior experience in SC Finance (in Make and/or Deliver) is critical to be effective in this central role.
- Hands-on experience with shared service or centralized support functions is needed to bring product costing, communication to fighting units, controls to the next level.
- Resilience: embedded in the role is an inherent level of friction, stress and workload peak (e.g. managing change program, settling differences on costprices, implementing new complex processes on milk streams, budget cycle).
- Communication & relationships: strong communicator, able to build bridges, establish and leverage a network of relationships.
- Big picture thinking: ability to see and do what is best for FrieslandCampina as a total business, regardless of where costs/benefits eventually fall.
- Analytical thinking. Strong at understanding complex processes, such as special milk streams, valorization, and costprice mechanisms.
Your salary is based on the weighting of your job, your experience and your training. FrieslandCampina offers not only a competitive salary but also training and education on the job because it’s important for our people to continue to grow.
Uren per week: