At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
With over 1.6 million room nights booked every day, Accommodation represents the largest share of our business to date. Our mission is to deliver the best customer experience and the most varied selection of properties.
At Booking.com we combine the best traits of a start-up with the resources of planet Earth’s #1 accommodation website. We are working towards creating the ultimate travel experience, building and improving great products for both travellers and the accommodation partners.
CONTENT APPS TEAM
You will be joining the Content apps team as one of our core iOS engineers. In this team you’ll be contributing to the success of the GuestApp on many topics related to Content. Having recently expanded our scope from User Generated Content, to include Location (maps) and Partner Content, this team will be a playground for exploring new cross-Content product initiatives.;
You will have an opportunity to work together with many of the other teams in the Content track, data scientists, user researchers, quality specialists, and copywriters as we transform our product from a collection of independent features to a unified platform for consuming content.
- Experiment through data driven approaches, like A/B testing, to build upon iterative user focussed features.
- Take part in conceptualisation, implementation, build and release processes, binging projects through the SDLC.;
- Ensure the utmost high quality of the Booking.com app in production, by monitoring crashes, firefighting incidents, solving complex bugs, etc.
- Perform profiling to find bottlenecks and optimize performance.
- Able to connect business and product goals to complex technical tasks.
- Solve issues prioritising based on customer impact.
- Collaborate with app developers, backend developers, product owners, and quality specialists, to constantly improve customer experience within the app platform.
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment effort
- 5+ years of experience as a developer using Objective-C and other languages
- At least 2-3 years of this experience must be from working with iOS application development using iOS SDK
- Knowledge of Objective-C or Swift, Cocoa and Xcode
- Knowledge of Object Oriented concepts and a strong passion for software development
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
- Fully comfortable working in English, both in writing and spoken
- Experience with Apple Approval & Distribution Process, Ad Hoc & Enterprise Distribution
- Have built an approved store App
- Experience working with A/B testing
- You are passionate about open source and contribute
- You’re not afraid to solve deep technical challenges of a whole new level at a huge scale
- You have an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations and you are always on top of the latest trends
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.