As a copywriter you’ll be responsible for conceptualising and writing compelling copy for B2B and B2C communications designed to engage and inspire different audiences – from property owners to potential travellers. You’ll support Booking.com BV’s goal to continuously improve the quality and performance of its existing content and work cross-functionally to shape and deliver exciting new copy projects.
You'll write for various products and marketing channels across the business, working closely with colleagues based in Amsterdam as well as local offices around the world. You’ll need to flex between different styles, tones and formats, writing short blurbs and catchy headers as well as long-form content. The role requires a deep understanding of client needs and the ability to consult and problem-solve with other teams within the business to provide creative copy solutions.
This role is ideal for an experienced copywriter with a keen interest in all parts of the content creation process, from shaping initial concepts to final execution of highly polished customer-centric copy.
- Deliver high-quality copy to tight deadlines.
- Write in line with detailed briefs, adhering to the Booking.com brand tone of voice and style guide.
- Flex effortlessly between writing styles and formats to meet the needs of different audiences.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders regarding projects and briefs.
- Take ownership of copy projects and provide feedback to other writers.
- Respond positively and constructively to feedback from peers and stakeholders.
- Proactively support key department initiatives and team goals.
- 3+ years’ experience working as a professional copywriter, either in-house or at an agency.
- Very collaborative and open to feedback.
- Resilient, thrives under pressure, adapts to change.
- Capacity for thinking both strategically and creatively.
- Ability to balance creativity with business objectives to provide pragmatic copy solutions.
- Capacity and willingness to use a range of tools to understand copy and content data.
- Highly organised and communicative, with the ability to understand and explain concepts in a concrete way.
- Focussed and flexible, with an unflappable positive attitude and great people skills.
- Native/native-level English speaker, with the ability to write in flawless British English.