DPR Construction is a forward-thinking international general contractor and construction manager, specializing in technically complex and sustainable projects for the advanced technology/mission critical, life sciences, healthcare, higher education and commercial markets. Founded in 1990, DPR is a privately held, employee-owned company that has grown to a multi-billion-dollar organization with offices around the world, making it one of the largest general contractors in the USA and a great story of entrepreneurial success.
** Disclaimer!! In a title-less company like DPR, we often wear several hats and we don’t seek to limit or pigeon-hole any one individual. That's the intent of the "no-titles", so we are not restricted by what's on our business card. Some roles will vary by region and the local setup as well.
The Finance Assistant (FA) role is supervised by and reporting to the Financial Controller. The FA is responsible for operations related to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, as well as processing and monitoring expenses, and other general, business-related tasks.
- Assist in month end reporting,
- Resolve queries from teams, answer questions on payments etc.
- All other financial and accounting (F&A) activities on request of the financial controller.
- Daily processing of all incoming invoices in the appropriate software applications (Exact),
- Basic audit on content of the invoices (as company address, related to work or project)
- Follow up on approval of invoices by managers,
- Follow up and audit of correct allocation of the invoice (country, project, overheads).
- Monthly processing of invoices to clients / owners in Exact,
- Audit on completeness of invoices and chasing project teams for invoices.
Expenses- daily and monthly overview
- Processing of monthly expense sheets in Exact,
- Reconciliation of expense against credit card payments,
- Daily application of bank statements to Exact,
- Reconciliation of all bank mutations to the right client, supplier or cost in Exact,
- Audit and follow up on unreconciled items,
- Processing of credit card payments into Exact,
- Audit and follow up on credit card payments without supporting documentation.
People who succeed at DPR are:
- Honest and trustworthy
- Self-aware and personable
- Humble, patient and selfless
- Open, imaginative and creative
- Positive, energetic and urgent
- Independent, disciplined and organised
- Committed to their own learning and development
- Committed to their colleagues learning and development
- Committed to the pursuit of excellence
- Committed to customer service
People who succeed at DPR can and do:
- Take ownership and understand responsibility and accountability
- Display courage and confidence, leading from the front
- Run to confront and solve problems
- Communicate effectively and manage expectations well
- Listen and understand to what rather than who is right
- Give honest feedback with care and empathy
- Care about making a positive difference at work and in their communities
People who fail at DPR are:
- Self-important, arrogant and judgmental
- Closed and lack imagination
- Lethargic and fail to take initiative
- Unwilling to learn from others and respect colleagues
- Poor communicators and prone to radio silence
- Poor listeners that lack empathy
- Unconcerned with the world around them or their impact upon
DPR has been internationally recognised for its strong company culture, based on a well-defined purpose “We Exist to Build Great Things,” and four core values: integrity, enjoyment, uniqueness and ever forward. A flat, titleless organisation that empowers people at all levels to make decisions, DPR ranked on FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.dpr.com
- Min. 2 years of experience