The Recruitment Team Leader is responsible for delivering hiring results for their functional area covering a range of hiring disciplines. The Team Leader must think creatively and strategically about attracting the best talent from around the world and will lead and influence compliant and efficient recruiting processes to enable Booking to achieve it’s ambitions for the future.
The Team Leader is accountable for driving change in the recruitment industry and within the organisation working collaboratively with their Global Recruitment Manager and Talent Acquisition Peers. The Team Leader is responsible for managing, improving, and redefining processes and experiences that identify and secure the most coveted talent in the market.
The Team Leader solves for complex hiring challenges for their dedicated business area, educating and influencing stakeholders at all levels within the department. They will set clear metrics to drive performance for their team and will utilize data to inform, influence and tell a story.
This role reports to a Global Talent Acquisition Manager Partner Services and will be responsible for a hiring team, (some remote), of 5-10 people, including Senior Recruiters, Recruiters and a Coordinator. They are responsible for their teams success, ensuring high levels of engagement and performance through a variety of initiatives and learning and development.
Working with the Global Talent Acquisition Manager they will support to set and implement Global Strategy, but are not accountable. They are accountable for the execution and success within their dedicated hiring teams and function, but can support more broadly as appropriate.
It will be for a 7-month fixed-term assignment, based in Amsterdam.
Tasks & Responsibility:
- Team Management: Attract, hire, develop and inspire Recruitment talent to meet and exceed growing hiring needs. Ensure the hiring team is proactive in achieving hiring results, inspiring and leading a team of recruiters including a Senior and a Coordinator. Manage and develop members of the team. Uphold commitments to TA principles, metrics, compliance and efficiencies to ensure the greatest candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Stakeholder Management: Frequent communication with cost centre owners, hiring managers and key stakeholders. Influence, consult and educate our growing population of Hiring Managers and Interviewers. Champion and implement best practice and support to shape the organisation. Partner with other Recruitment Team Leads and Leadership to ensure alignment around global processes, systems, sourcing strategies, social media and employment branding. Report and consult with all levels in the business.
- Process Management: Improve the recruitment process in the organization including application of metrics, measurement, reporting and taking action to close gaps. Develop and implement high quality, innovative and cost effective sourcing strategies;
- Market Knowledge: Informed of market trends and recruiting practices. Monitor labor legislation and implements required changes to ensure compliance. Proactively share recruitment topics, progress, innovations and results.
- Department Management: Oversee external recruitment agencies and vendors to supplement the efforts of full time team. Monitor and actively manages budget and recruiting investments.
- Extensive knowledge of global technology markets, and a good understanding of the business area specialisms.
- A role model and expert in creative sourcing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and influence key stakeholders in execution of recruiting initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to leverage data to support a business case then pursues creative solutions.
- Engaging leader that supports teamwork and putting others forward.
- Excellent communication skills, able to influence and develop strong relationships.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and capable of adapting and responding to change.
- Experience working in a globally matrix environment.
- Partners and influences senior leadership; is self-confident, and capable in building proactive and meaningful relationships throughout our global organisation.
- Must be passionate about travel!