The Senior Program Manager - Business Operations will be responsible for the Business Operations and Governance of the Commercial Operations (CO) function, with the end objective of facilitating decision making within CO.
The candidate will work closely with the leadership teams within Commercial Operations (Customer Service, Partner Service, Content Agency and CO Product/Tech), while engaging externally with the business units & central functions (e.g., Accommodation, Transport, Legal) to create alignment and consensus, driving governance and decisions when needed.
The candidate will lead the cadence of the business (e.g., QBR), track cross-Ops business and financial performance, lead the budgeting cycle and set and maintain the internal and external governance. Finally, the candidate will ensure that critical cross-functional initiatives are on track to achieve their goals and that the dependencies across functions are transparent and managed.
- Defines and owns the CO meeting cadence and communication calendar, content and preparation
- Leads the budget and planning cycle - including prioritization exercise - in collaboration with functional leaders within and outside CO
- Holds teams/colleagues accountable for next steps and objectives, records where these have been missed
- Defines, executes and maintain internal (within Ops) and external governance, with objective of creating transparency and facilitate decision making through clear processes and accountability
- Accountable for the tracking and reporting of CO wide financials and business objectives in line with the department strategy and budget
- Partner with the HR team to maintain resource planning and allocation targets.
- Responsible to independently define scope, kick-off, manage and execute every phase of very complex company wide & beyond company programs
- Productively interacts and manages senior stakeholders (SVP level)
- Work in partnership with BUs, Corporate & Business Functions leadership to ensure resources are allocated to the right work, within headcount and P&L budget.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the impact & experience for our customers and partners, translating into business cases and getting buy-in from leadership
- Communicates explicitly what must change, why changes are necessary, and possible outcomes and costs. Adjusts communication style to the audience to help them understand and accept the change
- Encourages people to support and propose changes and ideas
- Whilst this role does not own the strategy for the function, it is responsible for collating the information and business cases, working with the Leadership, Corporate Strategy Team and other functions to define a consistent strategy for the department
- Together with the Director of PMO, leads and role models best practice behaviours within the Function on Project Management methodology
- While initially this will be a single contributor role, the Sr. Program Manager must be able to competently manage a team of direct reports (e.g., project managers and analysts) to achieve the above responsibilities
- Strong leadership skills, ability to influence and steer leadership and senior management
- Proven track record in change management in large organisations
- 8 years + of relevant experience in Business Operations, project management or related discipline
- Skilled in operational management, including running cross-functional initiatives, financial and business modelling, strategic options identification, consensus building, and implementation
- Highly structured, results driven & eager to make an impact
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self-started
- Outstanding interpersonal skills focused on collaboration, building links and relationships within diverse teams, across organisation and outside
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with proven stakeholder management; proactively manages a large amount of stakeholders
- Outstanding problem solving capabilities: ability to break up a complex problem into actionable and easy to understand solutions.
- Analytical skilled and mastering data handling, able to tell a clear story with data/insights
- Able to function well within ambiguity and in a constantly changing environment