SENIOR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGIST – FORMULATION
THE VEGETARIAN BUTCHER
(DE VEGETARISCHE SLAGER – LOCATION BREDA)
LOCATION : Breda – local conditions apply
Travel : approx. 25 %
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
The Vegetarian Butcher (TVB) is a brand that was acquired by Unilever in December 2018. The range of high-quality meat replacement products are the pride of the company. The products are created “by meat lovers for meat lovers” and cannot be distinguished from real meat in terms of taste and texture. Together with Unilever, The Vegetarian Butcher can realize their ambition to become the biggest butcher in the world.
Since vegetable protein-based meat replacements are a relatively new territory in food science, the R&D department will play a pivotal role in the years to come. The TVB R&D team in Breda is looking for a food scientist to create and/or renovate meat replacement products.
The team in Breda is currently driving project delivery for different types of meat replacement products, such as chicken chunks, hamburgers, chicken nuggets, cold cuts, and sausages. As a member of the TVB R&D team, the product developer will be involved in new innovations, renovations, and 5S-related projects.
It is important that the position will be filled in by a person who is highly passionate in creating delicious products and at the same time with appreciation for the industrial recipe creation.
In this role, you will work together in a team with a Technical Project Leader, Process Technologist, Digital, Marketing, Supply chain, and Procurement.
- Lead formulation workstream in projects.
- Provide formulation related technical input to project scoping.
- Develop product formulations according to the business product design brief, processability and safety requirements.
- Collaborate with external partners to develop products for us – ensuring products meet requirements as outlined in the business
product design brief and other Unilever standards.
- To update existing formulation in case of rejuvenation according to the improvements set/agreed in the brief.
- To implement recipe approval process and lead the session with business partners.
- Carry out work for support of product claims (Knowledge Based Selling, Demos), risk management, ensuring compliance with legal
- Perform product and ingredient physical-chemical analyses according to needs.
- Ensure high quality documentation of work in available software systems (eg Product Life Cycle Management = PLM).
- Where possible: in silico first approach (start with computer and later go to the kitchen) using available tools Minerva, JMP,
- Continuously improve the role (Ways of Working, digital etc.).
- To implement approved formulation in the sourcing unit through pilot plant and plant trials.
- To support with technical information in case of need to protect technology/formulation.
- To ensure the compliance to the Unilever Code of Business Principles and all SHE and QA policies, including the support of product
claims, risk management and environmental awareness & legislation.
EXCITED ABOUT THE ROLE:
To apply, you must do so online. Please do not forget to upload your CV and a motivation letter.
Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly after the closing date to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Vegetarian Butcher - Unilever is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.