SENIOR PROCESS TECHNOLOGIST – THE VEGETARIAN BUTCHER
(DE VEGETARISCHE SLAGER - BREDA)
LOCATION : Breda – local conditions apply
Travel approx. : 20 %
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
The Vegetarian Butcher (TVB) is a brand that was acquired by Unilever in December 2018. The range of high-quality meat replacement products are the pride of the company. The products are created “by meat lovers for meat lovers” and cannot be distinguished from real meat in terms of taste and texture. Together with Unilever, The Vegetarian Butcher can realize their ambition to become the biggest butcher in the world.
Since vegetable protein-based meat replacements are a relatively new territory in Food Science, the R&D department will play a pivotal role in the years to come. The TVB R&D team in Breda is looking for a Senior Process Technologist to join the team. The Senior Process Technologist is responsible to ensure that existing and new technologies in the field of meat replacement products are utilized in the most effective way in the manufacturing network and secure highest quality standards. In his/her role, the candidate will support landing innovations and renovation with his/her strong background in processing and workstream leadership.
The team in Breda is currently driving project delivery for different types of meat replacement products, such as chicken chunks, hamburgers, chicken nuggets, cold cuts, and sausages. As a member of the TVB R&D team, the process technologist will be involved in new innovations, renovations, and 5S-related projects.
It is important that the position will be filled in by a person who is highly passionate in creating delicious products and at the same time with appreciation for the industrial recipe creation.
In this role, you will work together in a team with a technical project leader, product developer, digital, marketing, supply chain, and procurement.
- Lead processing workstream in projects; independently lead small projects as Technical Project Leader.
- Provide processing-related technical input to project scoping.
- Lead design and validation of processes in Pilot Plant and SC network; setting up design of experiments and running tests.
- Lead the implementation of projects in Sourcing Units and 3rd Party Manufacturing based on design specification ensuring compliance with:
. Consumer Safety Framework and relevant Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
. Functional Excellence
. Core Design
. Internal procedures and documentation standards
- Ensure high quality documentation of work in available software systems (eg Product Life Cycle Management = PLM).
- Where possible: in silico first approach using statistics and available digital tools and predictive models.
- Continuously improve the role (Ways of Working, Digital etc.).
- To ensure the compliance to the Unilever Code of Business Principles and all SHE and QA policies, including the support of product claims, risk management and environmental awareness & legislation.
EXCITED ABOUT THE ROLE:
To apply, you must do so online. Please do not forget to upload your CV and a motivation letter.
Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly after the closing date to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Vegetarian Butcher - Unilever is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.