DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of trauma, joint reconstruction, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings help advance the health and well-being of people around the world.The Role
As a Business Development Manager Power Tools you plan, forecast and drive business performance and market share for the DePuy Synthes Power Tool platform. You collaborate with the strategic capabilities, sales and marketing functions to search for new targets through systematic assessment of market trends, unmet customer needs and competitive activity. The BDM Power Tools role is a critical role focusing on maximizing business value for DePuy Synthes Netherlands. The BDM is the voice of the customer inside the business and needs to be passionate about the user experience and the value it creates for this user. Key in this role is understanding the market through getting deep insights and creating strategies that work with a flawless execution.
Main areas of responsibility / expected results / objectives of the role
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager Power Tools to help us expand our clientele. You will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy.Main responsibilities
- Drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients in close collaboration with the, Marketing Manager, Sales Representatives and the Sales Managers.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Develop new concepts and approaches for professional and consumer advertising and promotional plans.
- Analyze key performance indicators and financial reports such as budget, commercial policy, price, net sales, and investment level, and suggests improvements.
- Evaluate and implements improvements for expediting new and existing products and programs
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients, establishes partnerships with medical societies, opinion leaders, consumers, patients, clients and other partners to promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives.
- Deliver customer training plan and effectively transfer knowledge to empower customers to use the DePuy Synthes Power Tool portfolio effectively and independently.
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law and regulatory established rules and guidelines.
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc. Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support. Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Translates the WW/EMEA strategy to a local strategy
- Considered authority in field within the organization
- Act as an entrepreneur; turn strategies into actionable plans and perfect execution
- Set the benchmark in EMEA
- Main point of contact for EMEA Marketing
- Successfully introduce NPI’s in market
- Develop strategic marketing plan
- Work together with Service Centre to optimize service offering
- Manage product portfolio and Product Life Cycle
- Master or equivalent in business experience
- Marketing or business education
- At least 5 years relevant business experience in Medical Devices
- Validated ability to lead complexity & thrives in volatile/uncertain/ambiguous circumstances
- Highly motivated and have a strong desire to succeed in a demanding role
- Ability to connect and effectively collaborate across a diverse group of business partners in a highly matrixed environment
- Consistent track record of execution and deliver
- Strong communication skills & influencing skills
- Motivated by excellence in the job including reporting and administration
- Demonstrated business success in delivering growth and gaining market share (conversions)
- Strongly involved in strategic and tactical work requiring being able to quickly zoom in and out
- Fluent in Dutch
- Good written and oral language skills in English
- Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint – Advanced knowledge
- Experience in MedTech industries is a plus
- Ability to build respect and trust with customers, employees and internal stakeholders
- Integrity and Credo-based leadership
- Self- awareness and adaptability
- Full & clean driving license
- Experience in business development
- Experience in capital equipment sales
- Experience working for a large multinational company
Experience as a business development manager or in a similar role
Experience in customer support
Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
Fluent Dutch and a good proficiency in EnglishKnowledge in capital equipment sales is a plusStrong communication and negotiation skillsAbility navigate and excel in a matrix organizationTime management and planning skillsThis customer oriented role is >80% field based.
A case assessment and presentation will be part of the application process. What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee, we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.Primary Location
Johnson & Johnson Medical BV (7260)Job Function