Translating clients’ wishes into transportation solutions is what you do best. As a carrier manager, you connect logistics with transportation providers. Your expertise and working experience in this field are essential to make sure the job is done well! If you also have experience in procuring or negotiating freight, you are the person we’re looking for! Would you like to know more about this job? Then keep reading!
Manpower is looking for a logistics carrier manager for our client in Amsterdam.Please note: you will be offered a direct contract with your new employer!What will you be doing?
As a logistics carrier manager, you manage direct carriers as well as 3PLs. This includes pre- and post-implementation of Europe-based customers. You link the logistics department to transportation providers. Your responsibility is translating clients’ needs into achievable goals. This includes the following tasks:
- Managing subcontractors and sourcing/onboarding new carriers
- Developing subject matter expertise in the field of transportation
- Supporting your team with in-depth knowledge of market carrier
- Leading the contracting process of new carriers
- Maintaining carrier databases
- Managing transportation providers and carrier relationships
You will be working between 8 am and 6 pm. Your working hours are fairly flexible!What do we offer you?
- A direct contract with our client!
- Gross salary between €4,000.- and €5,000.- per month
- 24 holidays per calendar year
- Reimbursement of travel expenses of €0.19 per km, or a lease car for you to use!
- Pension accrual
- Company car and phone
- Definite opportunity to apply for a permanent contract
To qualify for this job, you should meet the following requirements:
Living in or near Amsterdam, Schiphol, Zaandam or Purmerend is an advantage!This position will become available shortly. Manpower's application process is as follows:
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience as a logistics carrier manager or similar
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Logistics or similar
- Fluent in English
- Expertise in general and transport management, particularly in Europe
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in procuring and/or negotiating freight (road, express, air and ocean)
- Apply online using the “Solliciteer direct” button
- Assessment of your application will be performed based on your CV, and any additional information provided
- The local Manpower office will contact you for an interview by phone or a live interview at Manpower
- Possibly, a job interview will be scheduled with you and the company
Over de werkgever
About the company
You will be working at an international logistics company that employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. The Dutch location of this company is based in the vicinity of Schiphol airport. Clients all over the world rely on this company for transport services. Their shipments are transported via train, road, air and sea.
The name of our client is currently still confidential. After you have progressed in your application, we will gladly share more information with you.
Wat wij bieden
4000,00-5000,00 bruto per maand
Uren per week:
Wil je meer informatie of heb je vragen over deze vacature, neem dan contact op met Robin van Loon via firstname.lastname@example.org of bel 088-2828128.
Bijna niets in het leven is voor mensen zó essentieel als het vinden en beho