The Job's Mission
In this role, you will support the Logistic Solutions EMEA Finance Team (supporting Stryker's European CDC). Main focus of the role will be on supporting with the set-up of an internal control framework.
Other activities might include support on month-end closing activities and projects as deemed necessary.
Key Activities & Accountabilities
The Finance Intern will work within LS EMEA Finance Team, providing support on one of the major projects for 2020, being the set-up of an internal control framework. The key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Note that responsibilities may be added or removed as deemed necessary.
- Supports the Fixed Assets Project Specialist in reviewing, correcting, adjusting and improving the existing Fixed Assets administration
- Supports the Internal Control Specialist in creating a Risk Assessment for Stryker ESCS BV
- Takes the lead in creating narratives, describing processes and risk mitigations
- Provides training to the Finance Team and other relevant team, on Corporate Finance Policies, and/or any locally defined financial processes
Other Essential Duties
The Finance Intern will initiate and/or support on the following duties;
- Support on the LS EMEA monthly closing process
- Represent finance on smaller projects or initiatives from other teams
- Fluent in English
- Higher education (HBO or University), preferably Finance oriented
- Familiar with Sarbanes Oxley Act and in general Internal Control
- Experience in an international environment is a plus
- Familiarity with MS Office, advanced MS Excel skills are required
- The ability to deal with changing priorities
- Ability to establish and communicate priorities
- Ability to organize activities independently and timely
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment and responsibility
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
Position in Organization
This role will report to Finance Manager LS EMEA. Location Venlo. Occasional travel to Amsterdam might be required to collaborate with the European Financial Shared Service Center team members.
Work From Home: OccasionalTravel Percentage: 10%