At Booking.com, we’ve made it our mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. So we’re going beyond being the best place to book any kind of accommodation to become the ultimate travel platform. And the place to book it all – from room nights to day tours and airport transfers. Helping us do this is a diverse community of over 17,000 employees across 200+ global offices, all connected by a love of travel and a passion for innovation.
Design at Booking is responsible for conceptualising, designing, and creating the user experience and user interfaces for all of Booking’s digital products. The designers consider each human interaction — including every visual, audible, and haptic experience — to create products that are not only beautiful, but also intuitive and useful for our customers.About the position
The Booking Design System helps Booking to build high-quality digital products faster by providing the accessible components, code, and workflow tools that enable rapid development and consistent user experiences for every platform - apps, web, and email. The Booking Design System transforms our design language into reusable pieces that reduce repetitive design and coding tasks.
As a Senior Designer - Information Architecture, you will work closely with product development teams to gather data, analyze, document, and visualize the underlying structure of our products, information hierarchies, usage patterns, and underlying technical services into a set of user journeys, inventory reports, system dependencies that provide ongoing insights to our community of product managers, researchers, designers, and developers. Your work will highlight opportunities to improve user experience, better integrate content and data, increase product quality, and improve our development workflow.
- Analyze the underlying structure of Booking’s digital products to create a map of screens, components, categories, owners, and the technical services that enable our experiences.
- Visualize and document these data sets in various views to provide broad insights into our products and experiences for all stakeholders - design leaders, product managers, and technical teams.
- Audit our digital product landscape, ownership data, and usage analytics to create user journeys mapped to product structure in order to improve experience consistency by highlighting opportunities to increase development velocity and experience quality.
- Create and revise in-product navigational systems to support our new multi-product offerings.
- Provide Booking product teams with the documentation and engagement they need to understand our product structure and the opportunities for building higher quality, more consistent user experiences, with deeper technical alignment, and improved development efficiency.
- Document definitions and guidelines to be used across the company.
- 6+ years of experience working in UX and product design. Experience with data visualization or data science is a plus.
- Degree or higher degree in Design (interaction, graphic, visual communications, etc.), HCI (Human Computer Interaction), library sciences, or equivalent practical experience.
- An online portfolio showing exemplary experience in information architecture, interaction design, or data-intensive design for web and mobile applications.
- Experience supporting designs by a broad mix of qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work.
- Experience working with information architecture for large scale organizations.
- Experience access and working with data sets and data relationships in typical office productivity tools (Sheets, SQL, etc)
- Experience or work samples demonstrating data visualizations or information architecture are a plus.
- Experience with requirements analysis, problem solving, and presenting technical information.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Experience leading and communicating large scale projects across an organization.
- Experience collaborating with Product Management and Engineering counterparts.