Are you eager to contribute and make an impact to the future of the global travel industry? Do you a have experience in managing complex business-critical initiatives end-to-end? We are on the look-out for you!
The Program Manager is responsible for the governance and program management of several streams (or portfolios). You will partner with various teams to support and facilitate the work occurring between the business units and centralized functions.
Reporting into the Director Program Management and Business Operations you will ensure that the functional workload of the teams (Shared Product, Machine Learning, Design, Customer Insights, Marketplace & New Business and Payments) is managed in a consistent way, whilst working externally with the business units and central functions (such as Technology, Accommodations and Finance) to build engagement and, where needed, governance over decisions for work to be signed off.
First and foremost, the Program Manager will ensure the teams roadmaps/plans focus on agreed business priorities, dependencies and strategies – based on data and business needs, and will deliver the shared objectives and goals.
The Program Manager will work closely with the Director Program Management and Business Operations and their management team to lead programs for new products, processes and standards based on set short to mid-term plans.
- Lead best practice behaviours on Project Management methodology
- Lead change / transformational initiatives within the function and organisation. A.o.
- Drive vision for initiative/program towards clear business objectives, scope, requirements and success criteria
- Track and report status and progress of all streams of work, highlighting where required, risk/issues to governance groups or team members
- Creates clear planning documents together with relevant departments
- Enables team members and leaders from involved departments to make quality decisions
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to identify & build action plans to improve the impact and experience for our customers, our business and our people (creating win-win).
- Work in partnership with BUs, Corporate & Business Functions leadership to ensure resource is allocated to the right work, within headcount and P&L budget.
- Accountable for the tracking, reporting of business objectives in line with the organisational strategy.
- Work with Finance to keep consistent reporting on business/functional performance, report to the management team on performance against financial targets.
- Partner with the HR team to maintain resource planning and allocation targets
- Owns the governance calendar and processes for the projects in portfolio
- Facilitates functional leadership meetings – agenda, facilitation, minutes, next steps and tracking
- Holds teams/colleagues to account of next steps and objectives, records where these have been missed
- Whilst this role does not own the strategy for the function, it is responsible for collating the information and business cases, working with the Management team, Finance, Business Units and Corporate Strategy Team to ensure that;
- The annual strategy calendar is adhered to, including building and review
- Assisting leaders with building business cases
- Prioritization exercises
- 5 years' + of relevant experience in a relevant or related discipline (e.g. program management, transformation management). Preferably having a background in Agile Project management, PMI certification and / or LEAN
- Highly structured, results driven & eager to make an impact
- Entrepreneurial mindset, passion for product and connecting with people. Interpersonal skills focused on collaboration, building links and relationships within diverse teams, across organisation and outside
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with proven stakeholder management; proactively manages a large amount of stakeholders
- Strong project management skills/experience including experience with a range of different methodologies and techniques.
- Ability to break up a complex problem into actionable and easy to understand solutions.
- Analytical skilled and mastering data handling
- Able to function well within ambiguity and tell a clear story with data/insights
The Program Manager position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance for you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.