Are you eager to contribute and make an impact to the future of the Central Product organisation and do you have experience in managing business critical complex initiatives end-to-end? We are on the look-out for you!
The Senior Program Manager – Central Product will lead a team of program and project managers who are responsible for the governance and program management of several streams of work within Central Product (CP). As well, the Senior Program Manager will actively manage highly complex programs linked to the Central Product strategic objectives.
In this role, she / he will partner with the various teams within Central Product to support, and proactively work with them, to facilitate the work occurring between them and the business units and centralized functions.
The Senior Program Manager will ensure that the functional workload of CP teams (Machine Learning, Design, Customer insights, Trips, Attractions and Payments) is managed in a consistent manner, whilst working externally with the business units & central functions (such as Tech, ABU and FP&A) to build engagement and where needed governance over decisions needed for work to be signed off.
First and foremost, the Senior Program Manager will ensure the teams roadmaps/plans focus on agreed business priorities, dependencies and strategies – designed based on data and business needs, and delivers against the shared objectives & goals. In this role, she/he will be exposed to very Senior Stakeholders (eg. Leadership team).
The Senior program manager reports into the Director Program Management & Business Operations and will be based in Amsterdam.
The Senior Program Manager will work closely with the Director Program Management & Business Operations and Central Product LT team to lead complex programs regarding new products, processes, and standards based on set short- to long-term plans.
- Lead best practice behaviours within Central product BU on Project Management methodology and behaviours
- Lead complex change / transformational initiatives within the function and organisation. A.o.
- Drive vision for initiative/program towards clear business objectives, scope, requirements & success criteria
- Track and report status and progress of all streams of work, highlighting where required, risk/issues to governance groups or team members
- Creates clear planning documents together with involved departments
- Enables team members & leaders from involved departments to make quality decisions
- Collaborates with cross-functional team to identify & build action plans to improve the impact & experience for our customers, our business and our people (creating win-win).
- Work in partnership with BUs, Corporate & Business Functions leadership to ensure resources are allocated to the right work, within headcount and P&L budget.
- Accountable for the tracking, reporting of business objectives in line with the organisational strategy.
- Work with FP&A to keep consistent reporting on business/functional performance, report to the CP LT on performance against financial targets.
- Partner with the HR team to maintain resource planning and allocation targets
- Owns the governance calendar and processes for the projects in portfolio
- Facilitates functional leadership meetings – agenda, facilitation, minutes, next steps and tracking
- Holds teams/colleagues to account of next steps and objectives, records where these have been missed
- Lead a team of Program and Project managers, supporting their development and engagement, as well tracking and helping the operational performance of the team.
- Contributing to create a culture in the team that reflects the Booking values, translating and implementing the company message and strategy into daily operations of the team.
- Whilst this role does not own the strategy for the function, it is responsible for collating the information and business cases, working with the Central Product LT, FP&A, Business Units and Corporate Strategy Team to ensure that;
- The annual strategy calendar is adhered to, including building and review
- Assisting leaders with building business cases
- Prioritization exercises
- 8 years of relevant experience in a relevant or related discipline (e.g. program management, transformation management). Preferably having a background in Agile Project management, PMI certification and / or LEAN
- Highly structured, results driven & eager to make an impact
- Entrepreneurial mindset, passion for product and connecting with people. Interpersonal skills focused on collaboration, building links and relationships within diverse teams, across organisation and outside
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with proven stakeholder management; proactively manages a large amount of senior stakeholders
- Strong project management skills/experience including experience with a range of different methodologies and techniques to drive complex programs.
- People management experience, able to drive effectively a team of program and project managers.
- Ability to break up a complex problem into actionable and easy to understand solutions.
- Analytical skilled and mastering data handling
- Able to function well within ambiguity and tell a clear story with data/insights