The Internal Control Specialist works within Stryker ESCS BV providing an advanced level of compliance advice and controlling activities. The key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Note that responsibilities may be added or removed as deemed necessary.
- Takes the lead in the development of a strong and efficient internal controls environment (including standard compliance documentation and procedures), through the provision of expert advice, the implementation of self-assessment tools, the sharing of best practices and continuous improvement reviews.
- Develop and execute on Financial Compliance monitoring program within Stryker ESCS BV:
- Reviews, evaluates and implements accounting systems, policies, and procedures.
- Review of local self-assessments/ control owner surveys.
- Periodic testing of SOX key controls and the non SOX key controls.
- Periodic review of key account reconciliations.
- Detailed assessments/testing for high risk areas for financial reporting, e.g. fixed assets and accrual accounting.
- Prepares and presents performance measurement reports, reflecting service and efficiency levels of financial operations.
- Develop and execute on Controlling function within Stryker ESCS BV:
- Review and constant improvement of Balance sheet reviews and independent review of Stryker ESCS BV Balance sheet accounts.
- Work with the European Share Service teams to support initiatives to improve Stryker ESCS BV’s controls environment.
- Work with the Financial Compliance Controller for Europe on standardizing and harmonizing internal controls and share best practices.
- Support/Lead Stryker ESCS BV Local Finance team to assist with audit preparedness and remediation activities:
- Participate in audit planning and preparation.
- Review and provide feedback on audit documentation.
- Work with countries to remediate audit findings (inventory related).
Other Essential Duties
The Internal Control Analyst will initiate and/or support on the following duties;
- Train the local finance team on internal controls
- Support on projects that impact/are impacted by internal controls
- Share and train the local team on new/updated policies
- Fluent in English
- Familiar with USGAAP, Sarbanes Oxley Act and in general Internal Control
- Major in Finance/Accounting or Control
- Minimum 4+ years relevant working experience within a multinational (preferably US based) company.
- Should have the ability to see the ‘big picture’ and yet able to resolve day to day issues if required.
- Strong knowledge of SOX and related financial control standards.
- Strong preference to have Big four experience
- The ability to build working relationships
- Influencing skills
- Ability to establish and communicate priorities
- Ability to organize resources and effectively project management to achieve objectives
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment and responsibility
- Accustomed to working under pressure and with deadlines
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Able to resolve problems and conflicts in a professional and tactful manner
- Able to identify and implement innovative solutions to meet business requirements
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance
- Ability to roll up the sleeves for documentation purpose and admin
Position in Organization
This role will report to the Director Finance and Operations COE, Europe. Location Venlo. Travel only when needed to Amsterdam
Work From Home: Not availableTravel Percentage: 10%