Careers that Change Lives
At Medtronic’s Bakken Research Center in Maastricht, about 220 clinical researchers, scientists and technical engineers cooperate closely with medical specialists in and outside of Europe to develop new and improve existing therapies in multiple disciplines ranging from Cardiac Rhythm Management, Neuromodulation, Structural Heart repair to Minimal Invasive Surgery and Diabetes Management.
Our broad range of engineering activities and services includes mechanical design, modeling and simulation, software and algorithm development, data analytics and project engineering. A Day in the Life
You will become part of the Research & Technology Department of 50 people reporting to the R&T Director. As member of the Management Team you will jointly execute, shape and develop the Department’s vision.
You will manage a team of 13 engineers focused on tasks across different engineering disciplines, commissioned by and in close collaboration with the many R&D facilities of Medtronic worldwide, using the state-of-the-art tools and methodologies.
You will be responsible for working with program managers to efficiently forecast and assign engineering personnel across the portfolio of R&D projects.
You will be responsible for the training and development of a team of engineering professionals as they grow their careers at Medtronic.Must Haves
- Masters or PhD degree in Engineering or related studies
- Minimum of 5 years of people management experience focused on resource allocation, people development and team spirit
- Experience in directly supporting research & development projects
- Strong networking and communication skills
- Interest in business model development and opportunity assessment
We are looking for a people focused team player who is a strong motivator and can build a team spirit in a group of diverse technical people. This role will further develop the engineering team into a solid innovation engine, with high engineering efficiency, creativity and strong awareness of evaluating the business opportunities of new concepts. The development and maintenance of a vast network with associated R&D facilities within Medtronic, in close collaboration with the program managers, is one of the core tasks.
As engineering manager, you provide excellent day to day work direction to the engineers, effectively managing high and low times in order to evenly distribute the workload across your team.
Communicates well and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Some (inter)national travel (<10%) is part of the job.We Offer
In our 5th Tenet of our Mission we recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
Also a competitive package is of course part of that. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our employees:
- 31 holidays
- Possibility to purchase 8 extra vacation days
- Flexible working environment
- Annual Incentive Plan % depending on company results
- Pensionscheme and group discount on healthcare insurances
- Tax advantages on commuting, fitness plan
- A company lease car is assigned to this role
- Training possibilities via Cornerstone/Harvard Manage Monitor/GetAbstract
- Employee Assistance Program and Recognize! (our global recognition program)