Fulltime (38 hours) Amsterdam
Do you want to have influence on maximizing the selling potential, so that H&M can continue to offer customers in The Netherlands the best possible shopping experience? Then we are looking for you!
The Merchandising Department combines commerciality, analytical skills and the drive to make a difference. In this role you are the expert of your market and you drive profitable net growth through setting and following up a commercial plan for your concept.; You provide the Regional Merchandise Manager with up-to-date information regarding your country and your customers; are responsible for optimizing your stock and create and execute reduction strategies.
By teaming up with other departments, such as Visual, Marketing and controlling, we make sure that we reach the best possible result! You will visit and coach stores in how they can explore selling opportunities.
- Be the expert of your market and drive profitable net growth through setting and following up a commercial plan for your concept.
- Optimize your stock; guarantee the commercial impact of key products by setting the right quantities in store.
- Create and execute reduction strategies that will secure profitability and optimal composition of stock for your concept.
- Create the best customer offer.
- Provide the Regional Merchandise Manager with your market and customer knowledge and country input.
- Drive strategies (for example on price tactics, competitor analysis, and campaign feedback) and constantly forward feedback together towards the Buying Office.
- As you can understand it is a dynamic and fun environment to work in where you can play a big role in our Region and influence almost everything regarding your concept.
Just like everybody at H&M you are sales-driven, social, open, a good communicator, and an ambitious team player. What else are we looking for in our next merchandise manager?
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Business Administration or Economics (or similar)
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in Merchandising/Buying (in a similar field).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Leadership skills
- Ability to give constructive feedback and be straightforward.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and improve on it.
- Positive attitude, driven and good work ethic.
- Efficient, ability to prioritize workload and multi-task with constant regard for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Fluent in Dutch and English
What’s in it for you?
Our Support office is located in the city Centre of Amsterdam and you will be surrounded by both national and international colleagues. A career as Merchandise Manager means you will work in a strong team and ensures personal growth as a professional. In addition to an inspiring environment, we offer you:
- A fulltime job with a lot of freedom
- A career within a fast moving international company
- Competitive salary (depending on education and experience between € 2800 – 3800 gross a month) and good secondary benefits such as 20% discount in our stores.
- National and international career opportunities.
Would you like to have more information? Please contact Nienke Theuws at 06- 5747 4132.
Please apply on our website career.hm.com and upload your resume and cover letter in English.
Uren per week: