Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
Are you passionate, idealistic, responsible, mission-driven, and self-directed? Are you familiar and actively involved with the political circles of Brussels and The Hague? Are you a lobby mastermind, born communicator and no stranger to fundraising to boot? Do you know how to excite people about one common goal: saving missing children. Then we have a unique and exciting challenge for you!
As Director, you are responsible for overseeing the programs and strategic plan of the organisation. You put your knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the non-profit sector to use to successfully acquire financial means for the organisation. You deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating more visibility. On a daily basis, you convey a vision of AMBER Alert Europe’s strategic future to staff, board and donors – and work on programs that carry out the organisation’s mission of Zero Missing Kids.
About AMBER Alert Europe
AMBER Alert Europe assists in saving missing children at risk by connecting law enforcement with other police experts and with the public across Europe. AMBER Alert Europe advocates that one missing child is one too many and aims for zero missing children in Europe. AMBER Alert Europe’s 32 participating organisations include civil society, authorities and business from 21 countries. AMBER Alert Europe facilitates the European Police Expert Network on Missing Children, consisting of over 50 experts from 19 countries, as well as the Task Force on AMBER Alerts.
Who are you?
You are optimistic by nature – believing that with time, energy, smarts, strategy and sheer will, you can change the world. You have an interest and a good understanding of human rights and children’s rights, as well as the child protection agenda. You know your way around the political circles of Brussels and The Hague unlike any other. You are a born networker - skilled at making and maintaining contact with a wide range of stakeholders. You have strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience. Your top-notch organisational abilities make you an expert at planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation. You can put your excellent communication skills to use to compile powerful and clear letters, position papers or subsidy applications; even under pressure.
• You have five or more years senior (non-profit) management experience;
• You have strong advocacy skills with experience in/understanding of decision-making processes of main European Institutions;
• You are a strong communicator, written as well as oral, in English. Knowledge of Dutch and additional European languages are advantageous;
• You have experience in fundraising, ideally in managing EU funded projects and activities;
• You have excellent project management skills; are stress resistant and can perform well under pressure.
Hoger Beroeps Onderwijs
What can you expect?
• A very interesting job in which you can contribute to saving children’s lives;
• A full-time position (40 hours) with lots of room for creativity, new ideas and personal input;
• A competitive salary with many benefits including a contributory pension;
• 38 PTO days based on full-time employment;
• A fun, ‘Google-esque’ workplace in Maastricht (possibilities for working from Brussels).
We were hoping you would be and are (impatiently) awaiting your application!
Send your resume, cover letter and several written pieces you are proud of (English and Dutch)
to firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘Director’ in the header of your email.
We look forward to meeting you.
Acquisition in response to this job posting is not appreciated!