Job location: Apeldoorn
Starting date: as soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 15 January 2020
Workhours: 32-40 hours
ZOA is a Christian international NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn operates ZOA in multiple countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 1000 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Institutional Relations Manager
Optimal access to opportunities for institutional funding of programmes; short and long term
Your main tasks and responsibilities
Tasks, responsibilities, results
- Initiates, fosters, and maintains relations with (a group of) institutional donors, international foundations (charities), and other partners (further referred to as “institutional donors”).
- Actively searches for new donors through research, networking, and by presenting ZOA to them, aiming for long term mutual relationships.
- Stimulates other senior staff to build relationships with prospects and coordinates the actions involved.
- Is the contact person and first spokesperson for a group of institutional donors.
- Contributes to the corporate communication and the positioning of ZOA towards institutional donors.
- Functions as sparring partner and info desk for ZOA worldwide in relation to institutional donors.
- Updates and completes relevant donor information into ZOA Manager.
- Contributes actively in knowledge and capacity of staff in the countries and head office in acquiring of, using of, and reporting on institutional funding.
- Detects opportunities for funding from institutional donors of (parts of) programmes and actively informs program management at head office and in the countries.
- Assists in developing country donor strategies, including the local institutional donors, and jointly visiting donors with country team
- Collects and distributes knowledge and experiences about nature, methodology, and specific characteristics (“rules and regs”) of relevant institutional donors.
- Assists or leads in proposal development and writing, in collaboration with country staff, possibly on location.
- Contributes actively to strengthening of capacity at head office and in the countries through organizing or recommending training and instruction.
- Assists the internal system of quality control & improvement related to donor requirements and procedures, complementing the system of financial quality control (compliance).
- Checks and appraises – on request and without request – funding proposals and reports on donor specific quality norms.
- Advices – on request and without request – on relevant modifications in funding proposals and reports to management in the head office and countries.
- Contributes actively in ensuring compliance of proposals and reports regarding institutional donor requirements.
- The Institutional Relations Manager has a staff position, with attention for pro-active informing, strengthening capacity, and quality control. Final responsibility for acquiring and reporting of funding lies with the Board.
- The Institutional Relations Manager is not authorised to make contract agreements with donors on his own. This is only possible when he has received approval from either Chief Executive Officer, Chief Programme Officer or Country Director.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA;
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA
- HBO/University degree in development studies or a related field.
- Working experience for several years with the process of requesting, implementing and reporting of funding of large institutional donors.
- Excellent mastering of English language (conversation, listening, writing) and preferably French (at least reading).
- Adopts a proactive approach.
- Is result oriented; initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to satisfactory results.
- Puts first things first, knows how to prioritize, and achieves this with a personal touch.
- Is an excellent networker, good listener, and eager to learn, striking a balance between mutual fit and benefit.
- Is a natural source of inspiration and bridge builder to be able to represent ZOA and her interests and communicate them effectively externally, as well as fostering collaboration with other departments within ZOA.
- Is intrinsically motivated and driven, and gets energy from serving ZOA’s target group.
- Setting up and strengthening relationships.
- For this position the duty station is Apeldoorn.
- Considering the nature of the activities and the external contacts, high mobility outside of The Netherlands is required, as well as independency.
Interested and you want to apply?
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the application form on our website www.zoa.nl at the latest on January, 15th 2020; there you can also upload your CV and motivation letter.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa.nl or www.zoa-international.com. If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mr. Ane de Vos, via ZOA’s general telephone number 055 366 3339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Uren per week:
32 - 40
Elly van den Nieuwendijk
| E-mail email@example.com