Financial Accountant or Financial Analyst looking an opportunity within a global international retailer who focuses on sustainability and innovation?
Do you have at least 3-5 years' of experience (combination accounting/analyst or control role) and do you seek a position that involves control and FP&A tasks in an informal and flexible environment? Then this position as FP&A / Assistant Business Controller might be the career move you have been waiting for!
For this international retailer who integrates their deep core values into their business such as: ''build the best product'', "cause no harm'' , ''use business to protect nature'' and ''not bound by convention'', Your Professionals is looking for a FP&A Analyst/ Assistant Business Controller. Their original core product is outdoor sport equipment.
They divided their finance department into three sub-departments: credit control, accounting and FP&A. Their European HQ is based in Amsterdam and they have several subdivisions in Amsterdam Sales, E-commerce, Marketing, HR and IT. Their global HQ is based in the US and in Europe they have five other entities (mainly Sales/Customer Service activities).
The Senior FP&A Analyst has grown into a combined Finance Manager/FP&A role, and therefor they are looking for a new financial to support their team. The company can be best described as international, informal, professional and really take their core values in to everything they d o, regarding work processes. The environment and sustainability are the largest topics when it comes down to the products they make and the way the organization presents itself to the outside world.
They are really into the business to save the planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by supporting the Financial Planning team for Europe.
Key Accountabilities for the FP&A / Assistent Business Controller
- Setting up monthly OPEX reports and follow up on variations with Department managers
- Working closely with the Senior FP&A Analyst for tracking of CAPEX expenses on a monthly basis.
- Working closely with the Senior FP&A Analyst and the Marketing Department to build detailed marketing tracking of cost by expense type on a monthly basis
- Providing P&L & KPI dashboard on all sales channels, ensure on time and accurate tracking of costs. Includes variance explanation and investigation of abnormal or unexpected activity within financial performance (Budget, Forecast, and YOY - Year over Year comparisons).
- Supporting the Senior FP&A Analyst on the monthly forecasting for OPEX on the three sales channels
- Supporting the Senior FP&A Analyst on the budget process
- Month end closing: Control allocation of operational expenses against budget and forecast
- Tracking weekly selling performance against budgets.
- Providing financial support and ad-hoc analysis to wholesale, retail and ecommerce.
- Supporting the Senior FP&A Analyst in a wide range of finance inquiries (such as P&L analysis, KPI reporting, Business reviews, trend analysis, price analysis, sales reporting) and ensured they are delivered timely and with accuracy.
- On request extracting financial data from various accounting and information systems and performs financial analyses of business/function figures
- Looking for constant improvement in the use of systems to facilitate financial planning and reporting.
- Acting as backup for the Senior FP&A Analyst during their absence
Because you will not only be focusing on the traditional FP&A related tasks, but also on Business Control related tasks, this role can be very challenging and dynamic.
What do you need to bring to be our FP&A Analyst/ Assistent Business Controller
- A bachelor's or a master's degree in Corporate Finance/ Business Economics/ Financial Planning.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Finance and/ or Financial Planning in a complex international multi sales channel environment on top of minimum 2 years of accounting experience
- Strong in handling large data sets and the ability to translate into relevant information.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Power BI.
- Ability to think and communicate cross functionally.
- Proactive with a "can do" attitude.
- International and especially European experience is preferable.
- Strong linkage with the company's business and mission statement.
- Fluent English both written and spoken.
- Experience in building financial models and creating reports is preferred.
- Understanding of corporate finance and accounting standards.
- Ability to communicate complex analytical & technical information. Solid presentation skills.
What you may expect in this role
- The culture is very informal
- The location provides a Yoga/Fitness studio that you can use during your lunch break or after work
- A 38-hour working week
- 50-60k gross annual salary
- A healthy lunch arranged three times a week
Are you in possession of a European passport / have a permanent working permit?
Send your resume to email@example.com or cal l +31611725552 (Bo van 't Schip)