The Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for all activities that contribute to ensure the availability of YME’s WAN and LANs and related IT infrastructure as per agreed service levels, allowing users of Yamaha Motor Europe, European distributor organizations and, if applicable, users of third parties to use Yamaha’s business applications and office automation tools. The Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer acts as a project manager to contribute towards the execution of IT projects on a European level
- Accountable for day-to-day monitoring and maintenance of Yamaha’s IT infrastructure to meet the operational service levels as agreed with the user organization;
- Ensure continuous service by minimizing the business impact in the event of an IT service interruption;
- Ensure systems security by actively minimizing the impact of security vulnerabilities and incidents, in order to maintain the integrity;
- Manage the performance and capacity of the IT infrastructure, resources and capabilities;
- Establish and maintain an accurate and complete repository of all IT infrastructure components and verify on a regular basis that the repository reflects the actual situation;
- Provide the appropriate platforms for the business applications, following the defined IT standards and the overall technology direction;
- Plan the maintenance of the IT infrastructure and implement internal control, security and auditing measures;
- Define a project team and plan the main activities of the project in order to be able to execute it effectively and efficiently.
Profile of the suitable candidate:
- Bachelor level through experience or education in business or IT;
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar function;
- Profound knowledge and experience with these technologies: Microsoft, VMWare, Citrix, RES
- Knowledge and experience with networking technologies (Switches, firewalls, Cisco, CheckPoint, etc.) is considered an advantage;
- Ability to learn and adapt to an ever changing technical environment
- Good analytical thinking;
- Ability to investigate and resolve infrastructure incidents in a self-sufficient way;
- Good communication and social skills in an international environment;
- Proficient knowledge of the English language, both spoken and in writing;
- Mastering other European languages is an advantage;
- Willingness to travel infrequently inside Europe.
Over de werkgever
For more than 60 years, Yamaha Motor has been bringing pleasure to millions of people by using ingenuity and enthusiasm to constantly surpass customer expectations, thereby enriching their lives. Founded in 1968, Yamaha Motor Europe N.V. (YME) is the regional headquarters in Europe of Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. in Japan.
YME is responsible for coordinating the marketing and sales activities of Yamaha Motor products in the European marketplace, mainly: Yamaha motorcycles and scooters, marine outboard engines, Wave runner water vehicles, 4-wheel All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV’s), golf cars, snowmobiles and generators.
Wat wij bieden
You will work in an international environment where you can learn and develop for a professional A-brand organization. This job comes with responsibilities in a challenging position. When you work for this great client, of course there will be great terms of employment.
To give you a sneak preview:
- A contract directly on the payroll of Yamaha
- Salary between €3500 - €4500 gross per month, based on 40 hours per week
- Holiday allowances of 8% of your gross annual salary
- 13th month payment
- Travel allowance, €0,19 per km or 100% reimbursement for public transport
- Additional leave days
- A bonus structure
- A great pension arrangement (2/3 paid by Yamaha, 1/3 paid by the employee)
- Furthermore, Yamaha offers you a temporary contract, with the intention to extend or offer an indefinite contract.
Additional benefits on the payroll of Yamaha will be:
- A staff bike program
- License support (opportunity to get certificates which help you on the job
- Staff discount on Yamaha products
Uren per week:
Wil je meer informatie of heb je vragen over deze vacature neem dan contact op met Fokko Smedema via email@example.com of bel 06-46928356.